News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Chronic Logic Lives

Started by chroniclogic, February 13, 2002, 07:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chroniclogic

Grey right now we are working on moving our web page to another web host.  After we have finished with the move we will look into setting up  additional pages for Pontifex.

Josiah Pisciotta
Online Community Relations Manager
Josiah@chroniclogic.com

falkon2

"good"?

I sure hope for your sake that wasn't directed at me.

Well, it's been a couple of months... can you give us any hints what you have in the pipeline?

Andy24

I am all for moving to another web host. Given the problems you have had with this one that is a great idea.

Josiah, are you guys planning to release updated versions and new map packs for Pontifex in the future?

chroniclogic

Well I can't say to much, but there will be something new from Chronic Logic in the next couple of days.  It will not be Pontifex related.

Josiah

chroniclogic

Chillum, we are not currently working on an update for Pontifex.  After the contest ends and we get our web site moved we will look into these possibilities.  We were also hoping that some players would create some map packs for others to use, if ones were good enough we could put them up for download on our site.

Josiah Pisciotta
Josiah@chroniclogic.com

Gray

Hmm... just wondering... 'couple' means 'about two', doesn't it? I'm starting to doubt this somehow ;)
http://www.bridgebuilder-game.com" target="_blank">http://www.bridgebuilder-game.com
Shut up, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip! -- Homer Simpson

chroniclogic

Dont doubt, just keep checking, it will be coming very soon.

Josiah

chroniclogic

First let me introduce myself.  My name is Josiah Pisciotta and I am the newest addition to the Chronic Logic team.  I the new online community relations manager for Chronic Logic.  I would like to address a couple of issues and get everyone up to date with Chronic Logic.  First off I would like to apologize for the lack of involvement from Chronic Logic in the Community.  After the massive push to get Pontifex released on time, the Pontifex team needed a break from Pontifex.  That combined with the frustration we have been experiencing with our web host had lead to a period of very little activity on the Pontifex web site.  As many of you have noticed this forum and other parts of the web site have been down a number of different times.  Much of this down time has been caused by someone hacking into our site and deleting or replacing files.  Also our web host M6 is slow to respond to our needs.  None of this is justification for our lack of involvement in the Pontifex community, but I just wanted to let everyone know what has been going on with our web site.  We are currently talking with M6 about the problem with our site getting hacked and looking for a new web host that will fit our needs better.  I would also like to let everyone know that Chronic Logic will be more active with the Pontifex Community.  I would like to hear what additions everyone would like to see in the Pontifex community.  As for Chronic Logic, I am happy to let everyone know that we have moved into a new office and are working full time.  We will be maintaining Pontifex as well as working on a new project that our Pontifex members will have the opportunity to see first when its ready for beta.

Josiah Pisciotta
Josiah@chroniclogic.com

Welcome to the forum!

Would it be possible to give us some idea what's in the pipeline for the near future? Competitions, new levels, new versions, that kind of thing?

mendel

Good move, CL!
Welcome to the community, Josiah!

chroniclogic

To answer your question Chillum, the first thing Pontifex will have is another contest.  As I said before we have started work on a new project and most of our effort will be going towards that, but we will be maintaining our commitment to our loyal Pontifex members in every way that we can.  I would like to hear from the community what they would like to see the most, and see how we can work with everyone's ideas.

Josiah Pisciotta
Josiah@chroniclogic.com

PaulMdx

Hi Josiah,

From my point of view, offering files in some kind of repository would be really good.  That way it's easy to hold files in one place that everyone can have access to.  Perhaps it could be done as anonymous FTP or some way that users can easily 'post' their levels automatically.  I've got a simple CGI script on my website atm generating a levels directory for files I've FTPd, but there's no way to post levels automatically.

Definitely a new competition would be great though!

Paul.