News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Heretic

Started by NozeM, October 26, 2008, 07:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NozeM

http://www.pontifex2.com/images/Heretic.JPG" border="0">

Nice new unit but maybe a little bit overpowered.
Again a unit for playing against 350 unit strategy's. They have almost all 2 lifes, so they will be killed very soon by the Heretic. Deploy 2 Heretics and we get a whole new gameplay. Players deploys the units later and a chicken tactic is reborn.

roxo

I don't see it man. I think the heretic is weak so far.... even for 150 points. Maybe I'm using the heretics wrong, but i haven't had much luck with them.

roxo

ok i c how heretic is broken. creates a hide in the back army, more boring than the days of scouts.

mongolian

heretic is slightly overpowered.  I think I need to see more 1v1 constructed testing to see it.  

I think 1 less hp would make him fair.

Nazoric

The heretic is currently too powerful for his cost.  Though he does have some good counters.  

Units that cause instant death, drain life, poison, or stuns work very well against it.

You will probably see the heretics stats or costs change in the future.

mongolian

Revised: Needs to be 1 less hp or $50 more to cast (currently $150)

Nazoric

(mongolian @ Oct. 30 2008,15:47)
Revised: Needs to be 1 less hp or $50 more to cast (currently $150)

I don't know what changes are coming for this unit.

For now not a lot of armies are using it, so it hasn't seen a lot of testing.

Once if people start using it more, and we get some more testing in then you will probably see some changes.

garcia1000

I'm not using it in my armies because I think it is close to cheating and makes the game boring

NozeM

Advise for everyone.
Practice an army whit a Magus, Alcolyte and a Heretic. Deploy only these three at the start and transform the Magus to a Spirit. Everyone will see that this is fun for yourself.

Nazoric

(garcia1000 @ Oct. 31 2008,00:51)
I'm not using it in my armies because I think it is close to cheating and makes the game boring

Fair enough, hopefuly the changes will be sooner rather then later

mongolian

I agree, Heretic really makes me want to quit the game when 1 unit will completely whipes out my entire army if i'm not playing a "counter" unit.  For a game like Zatikon to succeed it needs to stay away from you must play rock-scissor-paper type units.

Here is my recommendations for Heretic:

I'm going to even give him even MORE HP..like 6-8, but here is the catch: Heretic only affects units that are within 2 squares of unit.  So it would affect a 5x5 grid.

Nazoric

I don't think there are going to be any major changes to the heretic.  It will probably end up being a minor tweek rather then overhauling its core ability.

Wakrob

Can a Heretic not function if its stunned please?

Thats the only think I can think of help counter it.

Every team should not have to Inorganics to get by.

A team with Feathered Serpent and Heretics means a stream of death coming your way.

Or even a team with Heretics and an Acolyte to raise its life means big trouble to teams that actually hit people.

Wak

minime

some units that can handle it:
- abjurer
- necromancer
- diabolist
- witch
- catapult
- druid
- geomancer
- golem
- assasin
- axeman
- possessed
- priest
- summoner
- mourner
- and if there isn't a serpent all unit with power 4 or higher.

glunkr

I agree with minime, there are plenty of ways to counter a heretic. It's not a solid rock-scissor-paper thing -- you have lots and lots of options. Why all the heretic hate?

I think people should worry more about making proactive armies instead of reactive armies. Yes, it's true: you cannot possibly make a deck that can deal with every single threat. So just make a good deck that you think can win and be prepared to lose sometimes. My two cents.