News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Change Log

Started by zatikon, November 05, 2008, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumen

Clockwork: +1 armor (at least), unit made inorganic, +2 hp?
  Despite being a fairly simple change that a player can make to anything with an artificer, this is a deadly ability because priests, changelings and dracoliches are the best way of approaching the super-charged other enemy units.  It definitely changes the way you have to think about stopping the unit, especially since there's no guarantee that it will be slow like all default inorganic units are.

Vampiric: All damage dealt is added to HP
  Oh god... I saw this first with a vampiric warlock.  I lost before he attacked, but that sounds horrifying.  This is an excellent incentive to focus on an enemy without making that enemy impossible to beat.

mongolian

The problem is that most of the new enemies have too high hp & armor.  I mean, im lucky to pick off 1-2 of the buggers coming in.  The game needs to be winable without priest/draco/changeling.  And it's really sad when the game would have to revolve around those 3 vs actually winning through brutal combat units.  Yes, people aren't winning via strong units like a enchanter-knight...even that strategy is too weak.  I just think a war should be won by combat not swapping enemy units.

Lunaraia

Just ran into an Arcane unit, and I can only say 1 thing ARCANE WARRIORS ARE NOT FUN!!!! did you know that: attacks all enemies in range meens he attacks ALL enemies in a 5x5 when he is arcane? no? well it dies add infinite commands and continued use and it pretty much became a 2 round loss
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Lumen

Arcane warrior definitely does not do that.  I hoped that it did, but it just attacked one enemy.

Lunaraia

Really? must be a bug then cuss it cut through my intire army in 1 round
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

mongolian

I'm a little bit annoyed at some of the new units & changes:

Bounty Hunter seems very underpowerful.  Why can't bounty hunter make that target useless for ranged attacks?

Alchemist Welcome to the most rediculously powerful unit in the game.  With combination of riders(love or rock), bezerkers(unsummon), cavalry(unsummon), this is just way too powerful.  I would like to see the rock as a 1 potion only and add see potions that are weaker, but permanent.  Whatever the change its currently too powerful.

And an overall frustration that comes from several players and now including myself.   Please stop changing how the units work.  I can't explain how frsutrating it's been coming back every month or so and seeing the units changed.  If there was a clear and obvious log to show what units changed, it might not be as bad, but still.  When you keep changing the units abilities, people can't keep up and all strategy is lost playing.  The most unfun part of the game is playing a game and not knowing that a unit could or could not do something.  And with the fact the game's units all have like 2-5 abilities, it's far too much to keep up/memorize.  The 'fun' part of the game is beating people with strategy not because of the uber powerful combo units.  Please please, stop making super powerful units.  I want to win the game by strength, not because i have combo units, or I have super powerful units.  Think of chess and simplicity. 

zatikon

The way the Sergeant's leadership ability works now makes it much more flexible. The unit walks in the same direction that the Sergeant does, instead of following it.

mongolian

Can you please make it, so I can surrender on my turn.  I get really frustrated when I know i lost and can't concede.

mongolian

For 2v2, please please please, with cherries on top, make it so if your ally leaves, you can still try to play the game.    It happens every so often, a player times out, or just leaves and ruins the game for the remaining 3 people.  Thanks.

mongolian

Also, can you make a confirmation warning, in case you want to surrender! lol

mongolian

Random by far is my favorite game mode, but I know I'm a minority in my opinion.  Random is flawed just like Constructed, but it actually doesn't have to be. As some of you may or may not know, the ability to restart on turn 1 without suffering a loss, makes Random & Constructed game modes totally worth playing.  But, a couple of suggestions are needed to drastically improve the game:

CHANGE REQUEST
--------------------------
(1) Instead of "Surrender" button.  On turn 1, it should say "Restart" or "Exit Game".  If you click "Restart", it will exit the game without any warning messages.  So, when your turn 2 occurs, the restart button returns to the "Surrender" button.

(2) Allow your opponent to surrender on his/her turn.  It's very frustrating waiting for your turn when you know 100% you lost.

(3) In Random armies, each army must be required to have 1 ranged unit.  I concede so many matches not seeing any ranged units and I won't bother to play out the armies.  So just like how the game is programed to always have 1 general, 1 gateguard, have atleast one of the following: (Rider, Cavalry, Mounted Archer, Elephant, Archer, Crossbowman, Fire Archer, Ranger, Channeler, Geomancer, Doppleganger, and any mages)

(4) Make the option of either general OR quartermaster a requirement

(5) Make Gate Guard optional in armies (it's a nice surprise unit when you don't know if they have it or not).

paulb84

(1) disagree strongly. The random army variation means some games are less winnable than others. But statistics dictate that you gain as much as you lose from that variation.  The cop-out option of surrendering as soon as the opponent has a long range unit, and not getting a loss for it, should be eliminated altogether.

(2) agreed, but not a big deal to wait a few seconds.

(3) Including the ranged mages that is a list of 20 units. It's very rare for an army to have zero of the mentioned units.

(4) why?

(5) good idea

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Quote from: mongolian on April 17, 2009, 03:56:28 PM
(1) Instead of "Surrender" button.  On turn 1, it should say "Restart" or "Exit Game".  If you click "Restart", it will exit the game without any warning messages.  So, when your turn 2 occurs, the restart button returns to the "Surrender" button.
Interesting idea.  I have been seeing more of people surrendering right away if they don't have a great army.  What might be interesting is if once you see your army you could choose to redraw it, maybe even twice but then you would be stuck with what you got.  That way both players would have a chance to avoid those really bad armies in random.

(2) Allow your opponent to surrender on his/her turn.  It's very frustrating waiting for your turn when you know 100% you lost.
This was originally changed because surrendering while your opponent was acting could cause the game to de-sync.

(3) In Random armies, each army must be required to have 1 ranged unit.  I concede so many matches not seeing any ranged units and I won't bother to play out the armies.  So just like how the game is programed to always have 1 general, 1 gateguard, have atleast one of the following: (Rider, Cavalry, Mounted Archer, Elephant, Archer, Crossbowman, Fire Archer, Ranger, Channeler, Geomancer, Doppleganger, and any mages)
Obviously random armies are never going to be balanced vs. each other every game.  We are working on the ranged vs. melee unit balance issues and should have this balanced soon.

(4) Make the option of either general OR quartermaster a requirement
Good idea.

(5) Make Gate Guard optional in armies (it's a nice surprise unit when you don't know if they have it or not).
Gate Guard helps protect vs. several units and generally helps make the random games more balances, which was why we added it.

mongolian

With #1, just choosing to redo once should be enough.  If you do include this option, it should be a requirement to lose points if you surrender on turn 1 then.  I'm sure more work needs to be done to prevent cheating from this, but all in all this should help a bit.

paulb84

The constant changes made to basic units are very very frustrating. I would like to see an extensive list of all changes posted in one place.

For example, warrior used to gain an action from killing gate guard (since it's not inorganic and the skill is warrior-based). Now that it's not, I just lost a game to it. I'm not against changes, but I am very disappointed about all these minor changes without notice. Other examples are the bounty hunter, the axeman gaining a life, catapult missing dodging units, etc.

Please post all these changes somewhere for us to read.