News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Coming Soon

Started by Chronic Logic - Josiah, November 07, 2008, 08:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roxo

i don't think its a matter of a second castle... the ai just needs to move smarter. after lvl 250 its pretty much the same. i've played up into the 800s for co op ai just needs to not b an r - tard

minime

ok, you are right, but it is easier to add more units, than write a good AI ;)

mongolian

I've already replied about this that I want to see a "tacticial chess mode" or just "tactical".  Both opponents will play with mirror armies.  But more specifically, there will be about 10-15 scenarios of these premade setups.  Having random mirror is too dangerous as each mirror army must be thought out in depth.

I think fixing AI is of low priority as it already is doing an amazing job in terms of AI.  Reconnect, Marketplace, revamp pieces(wizard, changling, magus) and a few other ideas.

roxo

balancing the game a turning it into chess are different.... the ai in single and co op just doesn't cut it. 840 and just like playing 140.

minime

chess mode: i think if every random set-up would get a code, that could be used as a "chess mode" too. in the forum we could post interesting match up codes, and anyone could replay them. you could be set the same code to both armies too. It would save time for the programmers, because they shouldn't choose the armies and balance them, the players would do that.
and in the long run if some match up would be very popular, they could be made to a default game mode.

I still think that marketplace wont be that useful, because no one will trade away the new rare units(like skinwalker now). And all the other units isnt hard to get anyway. I think the only useful thing would be, if you could buy new units for gold, or cash.

mongolian

re: roxo.  For an AI, the computer is very impressive.  I think there are better things worth investing in, vs spending numerous hours on a perfected AI.  On the otherhand, I'm sure a formula could be implemented that should be affecting the total # of points dropped out each turn when computer is over 100 AI.   Example:

AI 100 - drops 1000pts or more a turn.
AI 200 - drops 2000pts or more a turn.
AI 500 - drops 5000pts or more a turn.

Lastly, I'm sure this already happens, but small code could also be added. If players have a unit X on the board, computer will deploy a X,Y or Z.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Here is what is being worked on for upcoming patches!

2-17-09:
With the Siege unit make over and Invite system completed we are updating our goals for the next series of patches.  The idea for the unit marketplace was not greeted with enough excitement from the players to warrant as a top priority, so here is what we are working on:

-We are working on tracking down any disconnection bugs and finding a solution to the disconnection problem
-Preview of the new single player/coop content
-2x2 game mode
-Easier to sell large number of units
-Separate mute for sound and music
-Improved rating system

travcm

(mongolian @ Jan. 20 2009,12:11)
re: roxo.  For an AI, the computer is very impressive.  I think there are better things worth investing in, vs spending numerous hours on a perfected AI.  On the otherhand, I'm sure a formula could be implemented that should be affecting the total # of points dropped out each turn when computer is over 100 AI.   Example:

AI 100 - drops 1000pts or more a turn.
AI 200 - drops 2000pts or more a turn.
AI 500 - drops 5000pts or more a turn.

Lastly, I'm sure this already happens, but small code could also be added. If players have a unit X on the board, computer will deploy a X,Y or Z.

Do you mean "1000/2000/5000 pts or less"?  You aren't defining a limit.  "1000 pts or more" (up to how much)?

Also, anything over 2800 (5 Wyrms + 1 Gate Guard) impossible for the AI to drop?  How is it supposed to drop 5000 or more?  AI doesn't use Scouts or Assassins.

mongolian

My apologies, I was just trying to use a set # to corrolate to how many points per turn is used.  Actually, I know there is a game algorthm being used currently that helps put out the best counter pieces, so the current model I am pretty content with.  I guess the only exception is maybe what the AI drops on turn 1 and this would be used with I've said above.   

The 2nd solution might be that after level 200-300, the AI starts with 3 more home spaces and possable a 2nd gate guard to extend the legal area of drop.  Then, after level 500+ the area would increase and then at something like 1000+ there would be 3 gateguard/bases/etc.

Lunaraia

How about allowing the AI on 500+ to use units like the Dracolich, Geomancer, Diabolit and buildings, id like to see anyone complain about it being to easy if they where facing 8 draco's :P
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

mongolian

I can safely say the AI is too strong at it's rating level. I've played single player Lvl.30,60,100, 200.  I'm sorry but at both level 30 & 60 the AI is bringing way too much.  Sure, I have no problem with it, but before the update, I felt before level 100 was perfect.  The problem now is that however the formula being used to corrolate into super units is far above what it should be.  Let's try to get new players more excited to strive for higher levels vs. feel it's too strong. Yes, the upgrades are really really good, I just want a better curve level per AI.

Yohan

A requested feature.  Spectators.  It would be nice to watch other plays except in human v computer.  That might be a privacy issue, and creepy ;)  But, it would be way cool to watch pvp or 2v2 or coop.  I had a friend come in for the first time tonight and would loved to have seen how didi with his coop.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

4-17-09:
Sorry we have fallen a little behind in updating this, been busy with all the new changes!  With the disconnect fixed and the new event system in and the first seven units of the Legions add-on pack finished here is whats in the works for the next few updates:

-More units for the Legions add-on pack
-Finish 2x2 game mode (picking teams, chatting, etc)
-Easier to sell large number of units
-Improved rating system

Kran

I created lots of new unit ideas for legions pack at the Units session... i hope some can help :-)
And i think this game need some more "normal units" ^^ too.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Here is what is being worked on for upcoming patches!

5-27-09:
It has been a busy month with lots of new units for the Legions add-on pack and we got the new sell all extra units button in.  Also buying individual units is in.  Here is what's coming next:
-More units for the Legions add-on pack
-Finish 2x2 game mode (picking teams, chatting, etc)
-Improved rating system