News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

De-sync/disconnects

Started by garcia1000, November 13, 2008, 06:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garcia1000

Hey guys,

Sometimes, I get a de-sync. I can tell this happens because the playing board totally freezes.

If we were chatting, I will get a 1-2 minute of no chat, and then a sudden deluge of chat all at once.

Ok so what we deduced was that I de-synced from the game. But then after I re-synced, my chat and forum chat reconnected. But the game doesn't reconnect.

In fact, it just stays there, forever!

wat

mongolian

it seems to be a known issue of the out-of-sync issues. Unfortunately, the level of the severity of this issue is unknown.   I've faced many opponents who have just lost due to they lost connection and/or maybe out of sync.  Time to time my screen goes out of sync too.  My out of sync problems seem to be problematic though cause despite it goes all white, 2 minutes of all white generally means i missed 2 turns worth of combat which messes the game up in any format.

I really feel this is a low priority to fix due to i'm sure this problem will take a lot of coding to fix, but how about looking in an auto-reconnect type feature?

mongolian

Just wanted to comment more saying that I definately lose connection more then that should occur on a game with a high speed connection.  This and the fact my game goes out of sync too often too.

mongolian

I would like to concur I've seen this happen for atleast 5 members I've seen now too.  It's happening far too often.