News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

BUGS

Started by mongolian, December 18, 2008, 02:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kran

Useless bug: When you purge a unit that is in truce, the unit looses the protection and the white flag, but the green line still. Also the line is fixed, and can be directed to nothing when you move the purged unit.
That do not affect the game, but is strange. Purging it should not cancel the truce also.

minime

please mark somehow the shapeshifters(skinwalker and mimic)! like the possessed but with a different color or somehow. i think this should be easy.

minime

shaman cancels the "rush" attack of the footman. the type is an attack. so i think it shouldn't cancel it.

Kran

If you read the description of the footman's rush, you see it will activate triggered abilityes for both, attack and movement. Movement triggers first, so, when vigilants attack it in a rush, the attack is not performed if the footman dies. About the guardian, goad abilityes and the vigilant one, the movement is only cancelled / attack performed when the own unit does it. That was more perceptible with the old sergeant, but now we see it when ballista attacks and towers dont attack  it even if it moves in range. Same applyes to conjurer portals. ^^

Kran

minime

OK, but then its type should be Movement/Attack. and its color should be mixed  ;)

Kran

Diabolist's Detonate:

It is a spell, so, i cant direct it to an innorganic unit. Thats ok.
It is a spell, so, rogues, scouts, swordsman cant cancel it. Thats ok too.
It cause an explosion. There are nothing saying that it is considered an attack. So, it is a spell too.
If it is a spell, explosion damage is not dodged/parried. Thats ok too.
If it is a spell, innorganics should'nt be affected by damage caused by explosion. They do.
If it is neutral, everything is ok, but sounds strange cuz it will be the only explosion that cant be dodged/parryed.

Sollutions:

#1 Make explosion spell, innorganics immune to explosion damage. (I dont like it)
#2 Make explosion attack, rogue, scout and swordsman would still cancel the damage, and innorganics would be still affected.

Jezebeau

Detonate seems fine to me.  The ability is a spell that causes an attack.  It can't directly destroy an inorganic, but they can be hurt, and the center can't dodge or parry being destroyed, but can dodge or parry the explosion.  What does warrant an investigation is whether an archangel preventing the center unit dying will stop the explosion (no angel yet, I can't test this one).

Lumen

He suggests making it work like that, but it currently doesn't.  The ability is a spell, but the damage is entirely untyped, so that it pierces through things that stop attacks, but also affects inorganics.

I'd prefer having it be a spell entirely.

Kran

The explosion is not spell / skill. Otherwise it would not affect innorganics.
The explosion is not attack. Otherwise it could be dodged or parryed by scouts, rogues and swordsman.
The explosion is not neutral, Otherwise aegis would not cancel the explosion damage.

Jezebeau

Wonder if it's an attack and a spell...

On another note:  I'm not sure if this is working as intended but in co-op, after an armistice, I can still take the castle on my next turn.  I don't know if the intent was for it to last two of my turns, but I assume it must be counting my ally's turn and fading before mine.

Kran

Oops. It is neutral. Aegis do not defend it.

mongolian

Why can't the target of an explosion work like a geomancer ability and the "fireball" part work like a warlock part. Aka, how it is now?  I really don't want to see it blowing up inorganics though.

I also really appreciate that the enchanter's stun works on dodge units, but I'm a little confused what the difference between that and fireball damage triggering a dodge?

Kran

Enchanter dazzles is a spell. Affect only organics, and is not dodged.
Warlock Fireball is a attack. Attack innorganics and organics, can be dodged.
Detonate is half spell half neutral. The unit dies part is spell, only affect organics and cant be dodged.
The explodes part is relative to unit dying, so, if spell frizzles (actually only way is archangel aegis) isn't triggered. It is not considered an attack, not considered a spell, not considered a skill. It is neutral, and when triggered, is the only thing can circunvent archangel's aegis. Also cant be dodged and affect innorganics.

You cant make innorganic explode, but when organic unit near innorganic you can make organic explode and innorganic damaged by 4.

Kran

When 2 diplomats in game, and there are a diplomat in the castle square, one diplo can truce each other, making game stalemated. Actually, there are 2 ways to make diplo is castle square.

First: Protected or overlifed diplomat is shot by enemy ballista. Diplo is pushed to castle square and can truce each other. (Only for the first way there is no need or changing it, as we can see that thats very uncommon and need enemy participation.

Second: Conjurer summon a portal at castle location. Portal summon a diplomat and both truce each other. (Thats the big problem with it).

minime

kran: i cant place a portal onto my castle.