Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

BUGS

Started by mongolian, December 18, 2008, 02:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minime

fanatic: "trade places with enemy. Triggered on attack."
shield maiden: "receive unit's damage."

still: when a fanatic attacks a shielded unit, the "trade places" ability is canceled. I don't see why. The condition is only the attack and not the damage. There was an attack, but the damage was redirected to the shield maiden. What the damage comes from, if not from the attack? Is this a bug or this is the intended work of the abilities?

minime

strange thing: this is the second time I play against ravean a random game, he leaves the game when he would loose and after that nothing happen. I stay there in the game, it is his turn and that turn never ends and I have to quit from zatikon and restart it.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

I think the reason why the Fanatic does not trade places with a unit protected by the shield maiden is because of how the shield maiden's protection works.  The unit being protected actually deals the damage to the shield maiden and the fanatics attack is canceled.  Not sure if that is how it SHOULD work though in terms of the game play.

minime - we are looking into why that would happen.  How long did you wait for the game to force a surrender?

mongolian

I was about to win a game, when the screen frooze on me.  I have a low resource computer, so it usually times out in 1-2 minutes where the screen won't display anything, typically all white if i minimize the window and reopen it.

Anyhow, my opponent conceded and was already in the gate and I was still stuck for several minutes hanging there.  Eventually, I just gave up and reopened the application and was fine.

minime

Is it the intended work, the firearcher can target a gate guard("immune to enemy abilities"), but cant target a changeling(indestructible. "immune to everything")? (btw, there is a third variant of this ability: golem, ballista, catapult: "immune to special abilities".)

an other strange thing: a changeling cant control an other changeling. (OK, this is not too important, just strange http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

minime

Please post here in the forum when the interrupted connection bug is fixed. I don't want to play the game until it is there http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':('>

Chronic Logic - Josiah

QuoteIs it the intended work, the firearcher can target a gate guard("immune to enemy abilities"), but cant target a changeling(indestructible. "immune to everything")? (btw, there is a third variant of this ability: golem, ballista, catapult: "immune to special abilities".)

The fire archer is targeting a square because his attack is an area effect, I guess it could be worded more clearly, but he is not targeting the gate guard, just the area, it does not really target a unit.

The connection interrupted can't be completely fixed tell the internet is perfect and never loses packets.  We are trying to make it more robust though so it will not happen as often.</font>

minime

I play poker and there are no disconnections at all(OK, I know, they have much more resources ;D). So I don't think this is a problem of the internet.

firearcher: so, is that a bug the firearcher cant target the area if there is a changeling?

zatikon

If you get any weird disconnects, note the date and time.  We're closely logging these errors, trying to root out any bugs responsible for them.

roxo

i agree with the fire archer not hitting sqaure changling is on is not right. it targets squares without units... it goes by sqaure but its blocked.... immune shouldn't stop tht... u can still shot on a spirit or invincable temp right?.... i could b wrong on the spirit temp.... can't remember, but i think.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Yeah you probably should be able to target the square a changling or spirit is on.

xsherlock

bowman attacks mason on the wall and the wall protection does not kick in?
should it be like that?

zatikon

The Mason reacts the following way with triggered attacks:

He's protected when he climbs the wall.

He's protected when he steps from wall to wall.

He's vulnerable when he's climbing down.

xsherlock

Then there is a bug as bowman will hurt mason on the wall in normal atack (its own turn).

Chronic Logic - Josiah

The mason can still be hurt on the wall, his stats are just different on the wall (he has armor).