News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

BUGS

Started by mongolian, December 18, 2008, 02:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongolian

1. Serpeant only revives the first killed.  So your draco can steal the next ones, unless the ai has multiple Serpeants.
2. Lycan, knight and another unit trip the skinwalker/mimic state to keep changing, and yes that should happen. 

I love the AI, it's an epic battle. But really only is cooperative fun and no longer single player.   It's not rewarding in terms of time/effort spent in both modes for the gold rewarded, but still fun.  I don't agree with less inorganics at high level, but I do believe the AI should be beatable at high level without a stealing unit (priest/changeling/alchemist). This is terrable logic, a level AI at any level should be beabable by brut strength if done right, but not by stealing units, which is the main options presented, 100% especially in single player.

Lumen

The high frequency of clockworks is the AI responding to specific units being present on the board: the priest or the dracolich.

In order to try to lessen the ease with which these units tackled the AI player, the computer now actively responds to them.  Unfortunately, it does so with EXTREME prejudice, producing frequently nothing BUT clockwork units.

minime

mongolian:
now the serpent revives the first killed unit, and the other killed units die. so the draco doesnt work at all. at least it happened once against the AI.

right now it is VERY hard to beat the AI even with a priest :-\ if there wouldnt be that much clockworks, it would be beatable at least with the priest(and there can be lot of armies that contain a priest). or it would be great if you could choose what level you want to play (only levels that you already beat. so you cant play level 100 if you only beat the level 91). (And there should be some mark(or color) for each special ability. I really don't like to read and reread all the units every turn)

btw the "2 vs 2" game mode is GREAT. I just love it. One minor thing i would like: some indicator that would show the order of the players. for example the colors of their units would be there somewhere in the right order. (sometime i forget which units will move after me)

oh and the cooperative is pretty good again too(it was very easy before the spec units).

and an idea:
maybe(!) it isn't that good to use the rankings of the players after their names. maybe it would be better to use their points, if you really want to use something at all(and you could check the top rankings in the main window menu. and you could see your own ranking(and maybe your points) there too(or at the main screen next to your gold).). I think there are lots of account with 193 ranking (all the accounts that were abandoned after playing only some single player games, so lost no points). so if a player lose some games he will lose LOTS of rank even if his points not that low(because he will be behind the plenty unused accounts). and maybe it isn't too good to see all the time a 2000+ ranking after your name, if you lost just a little more games than you won. maybe the starting player has 1600 point(this is a magic the gathering example), and the other player who has won lots of games but lost more, has 1550, but the only thing he sees is that the ranking of the other player is 193 and his ranking is 2000+ and he will think that he is VERY bad, while he is just an average player(who maybe just lost against the top players). I'm not sure about this whole idea, but I think it worth some talk.

minime

I tested a bit the AI today and I managed to win 6 out of 10 (at very high level). So it isn't as hard to win as I thought first. (I bought Legions and the Strategist helped a lot)

Chronic Logic - Josiah

The ranking system is on the change list. It will be changed soon.

Lunaraia

Just happened when I showed Tristram some unit abilities when i noticed the following:

Gave mason flight.
Flew untill i were next to tristrams castle.
Made a wall.
Climbed Wall.
Climbed down onto castle.
Did not win the game
Did not fix itself upon replification, nor with a non flying mason
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Good find, that will be fixed in the next update.

glunkr

When I was playing today, my teammate was disconnected from our co-op game. He reconnected almost immediately, so I decided to quit and restart Zaticon instead of waiting 1:30 to surrender. When I reconnected, I was logged into the same game and it sat there on my teammate's turn indefinitely. Luckily, I was able to escape the now-defunct game by accepting an invitation to another game. I don't know if it helps you debug, but I was playing on a mac.

paulb84

I believe the server crashed, gold is now at -1.

mongolian

Yes server died.  There was about 25-30 people online and I'm sure the server couldn't handle that I presume.  Most of the names seemed to be Russian based though.  A long while ago a Russian site found Zatikon and I presume an even bigger one found it today.

zatikon

There were a lot of strange errors in the logs, and I had to restart the server twice to get the game working again. I'm examining the logs to see if I can figure out what was behind it.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Everything should be working fine now, just had to reset the server a couple of times :)  Let us know if there are any other problems.

minime

i don't see, why the trade place ability of the fanatics works against a scout, but not works against the acolyte?

and why the scout doesnt go back to the castle if it attacks an inorganic unit? the ability say that after the attack the scout goes back. The condition of the ability is the attack, and the scout attacked. I think that shouldn't matter what was the target.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Fanatics switch places is triggered on a successful attack.  The scouts/rogues dodge or swordsmans parry cancels the attack hence the swapping places does not take place.  The acolyte reduces the damage of the attack to 0 but the attack still happens, so the swapping places still takes place.

The Scout's skirmish skill (return to castle on attack) should work on attack, but if you read the inorganic description it says inorganics are immune to all spells and skills, spells and skills attached to attacks do not trigger, hence the Scout does not return to castle.  It is a big confusing though, have to read the descriptions of both the unit attacking the the one being attacked.

mongolian

Is it possable to add a list of unit affects to the game and add a button in-game to help players describe it.  I was helping out a new player and he was completely baffeled what was going on in a level 300 cooperative game.  Baffeled as in, had no clue how to defend/attack or do anything and he played pretty good in constructed.  Anyhow, I think the previous post is a good testimant that the system needs to be more PC.