News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

BUGS

Started by mongolian, December 18, 2008, 02:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kran

Well, if bouty hunter marks the angel, i think that is WAD. The archangel aegis make the ENEMY cancel first attack againt an ALLY, instead of making ALLYES to defend theirselfs of first attack. If the bounty hunter is marking the angel, its allright the archangel aegis do not affect it.

minime

when a skinwalker becomes a changeling it works strange. if you use it, and then kill a unit, it wont change into that unit at the beginning of the other player turn(who now controls the skinwalker). if he uses it too, it wont change again. but if he doesn't use it, it will change. I think maybe the indestructible ability of the changeling prevent the shape change of the skinwalker. Maybe this is a bug.

Kran

No its not. The changeling indestrutibleness is WAD. Like the indestructible skinwalker templar.
Indestructibleness are not affected by anything.

minime

I don't know what that WAD is, but the skinwalker's shape change ability seems to be similar to the indestructible templar's ability that can bring him out of the indestructible state. Both unit has an ability that make it change to an other form. Why the templar's works and why the skinwalker's doesn't?

SLOTH

New one to me.

Game matched me with a person with CHINESE CHARACTERS for a name, and a ranking of...#2046924317.

Game then crashed.

?????

Kran

WAD = Works as Designed
That happens with me too. When that bug happens, the opposing player play normally the game, then end the turn. But them who reads the bug still in the page that reads: You will be playing against "strange character", rank (213218312) > Something like that. cant remenber the numbers

Kran

Important: Stunned pikeman not a bug. Angel make ally ignore spells directed at them. Explosions not incluided when you explode surrounding the unit.

Kran

Allready discovered that was considered a bug and was "fixed". I dont know how people posted the game images, so, i will write carefully the aegis description:

Aegis:
At the end of turn, all allies gain a protection that cancels the next attack, spell or skill directed at them. The enemy unit still pays all cost for attempting the action.

I hope that means that the attack, spell or skill will only be canceled if directed to an ally unit.
I dont think  this should cancel enchanter dazzles, when the stunned unit is not in center.
I dont think also this should cancel fireballs, when ally is not in center,  warlock lightinings, when the unit is not in the end (place where you click)
I dont think too that this should even cancel assassin stun, cuz the assassin do not direct nothing to no one, just stun surrounding units. Even lancer attacks, i would say. Nothing should be blocked exept things you click exactly in the place where the enemy is. Other things, surrounding damage, heretic reckoning (not tested it), chieftain goad, nothing should cancel it. Also think aegis should be considered a spell, but thats the best topic to mine post sugestions.

This may increase a bit the complexity of the archangel aegis, well, thinking about it, developers can simply update the aegis description. But that make archangel aegis impossible to counter, make the archangel overpowered, make it VERY MUCH overpowered in 2v2 and coop, and sure, will make it simple, for people that dont exactly reads all descriptions. Thats not needed, for sure, but i like to. Well, thats up to you, game developers, but i'm sure aegis can't stay like it is.

minime

maybe the angel is overpower a bit, but i'm not sure if this should be fixed by more complex rules. I dont know if two kind of spells needed in the game(with two protection type as well).

it would be great if there would be more feedback in the forum form Zatikon testers.

Kran

Edited the evenred message. Everyone please fell free to post opines.

glunkr

Yesterday I encountered several bugs (before the server update).

2 vs 2 game
When we first tried, only 2 of the 4 players actually connected to the game. The other two players locked up and had to restart Zatikon.
We had the same problem when we finished a game; two of the players never saw that the game was over until they restarted.

Knight:
I attacked and killed a Knight with a Hydra. Then I killed the dismounted knight (still with the Hydra on the same turn). When the dismounted knight was killed, another dismounted knight took its place. Next turn when I killed it, it died normally.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Quote from: Kran on May 26, 2009, 10:35:20 PM
Aegis:
At the end of turn, all allies gain a protection that cancels the next attack, spell or skill directed at them. The enemy unit still pays all cost for attempting the action.

You are correct the description is misleading, it should probably say something more like:

At the end of turn, all allies gain a protection that cancels the next attack, spell or skill effecting them. The enemy unit still pays all cost for attempting the action.

Kran

I transfired that to the new topic at Zatikon Discussion

Lunaraia

I am a little unshure is I have already posted this....

There is a bug that I have encountered twice now and I have no idea what triggers it, anyways it works like this, I am either playing or at the main menu or whatever I am doing then suddenly I get a chatbox telling me that I have accepted an invite that I never recieved, then I get dragged into the match causing the matc I am in to crash if I am in one, ruined the last 2v2 I was in, also it once happened on the main menu while I where chatting with Denub, then suddenly I get invite-dragged into a match... If you could look into this I would be very grate ful, kinda annoying shouolld it happen again
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

skinka777

Hihi all

I try login today and receive this message: unable to reach the server.java.net UnknownHostExeption:zatikon.com

wth ???