Pfx2.exe Crashes on startup :(

Started by Echo51, December 27, 2008, 03:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echo51

I try to run BCS/PFX2, but it just shows a window, freezes for half a sec and crashes, vista came with the error and gave me option to close only.

It used to work before, tried reinstalling, meanwhile my laptop starting getting a flickering screen, and havent played for about 2 months..
Builded a giant stickman in BCS

(Echo51 @ Dec. 27 2008,09:18)
I try to run BCS/PFX2, but it just shows a window, freezes for half a sec and crashes, vista came with the error and gave me option to close only.

It used to work before, tried reinstalling, meanwhile my laptop starting getting a flickering screen, and havent played for about 2 months..

try reinstalling new drivers for your graphic card, maybe that helps.  http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

Chronic Logic - Josiah

As jpaiva2000 said try installing the latest video card drivers, this is the mostly likely cause of the problem.

Echo51

Yeah, or a fried Graphcard, yet it still works for other games :S

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Some games use DirectX drivers which Windows will install by default, BCS uses OpenGL drivers which Windows does not install.  That is why some games will work but you will need to update your video drivers for BCS to work correctly.  Also if you are still running the pfx2.exe you should update to the latest version of Bridge Construction Set.

Echo51

I know i should use bcs.exe instead, but that doesent let me move camera with the mouse, as it goes out of the window instead of staying in

Chronic Logic - Josiah

There is an option in the hardware configuration which allows you to toggle locking the mouse in the BCS window.

Echo51