News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Points ranking should be back

Started by xsherlock, February 04, 2009, 05:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsherlock

Hi,
I think a points ranking should be back paralel to the rank that is displayed now. It could be just in the top scores table.

I realy liked the chess like score as it was in the early version. There is so little movement in the top 10 that would at least give us a hint if we are closing the gap to the other players.

Is there any reason it was gone?

Chronic Logic - Josiah

The scoring system is on the todo list for a change http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

xsherlock

also it would give an idea, how do you handle crashes - ranking wise

mongolian

I can't stress how much I like to see my rating.  How can I evaluate if it's going to be worth playing a particular person at a certain rating?  I say this because when I play random games, I've played people lvl 100+ and lost.  Granted, it's not probable for that to happen, but if I knew how many points I gain/lose I can make that assumption.

Otherwise, what does happen is I just don't play people rated which is the opposite of what you want to happen.

The only positive point out of having a hidden rating is people don't take games as serious.  I feel most of the community might fall into this category, but I just wish there was a better system then the current one.

PS - invites counting as unrated as really helped this problem though, Thank you.

roxo

rating could b defrauded sooo easily... y bother with it?

mongolian

I know that there is much talks of the rating system changing so I will wait to see it change before I comment.  I only have a really important focus to say here:

demo accounts need to be RATED!  Once this game reaches the 1000's, then we can switch it back to hiding demo accounts rating, but until then, we need demo accounts to be rated to make the game as much competitive as possable.  Zatikon has a great turnover rate changing people to non-demo, so let's make the competive pool bigger!  And please, please show some kind of rating not rank.

Tek777

rating is very nice - but please add "(demo)" tag for demo users...
i have only demo - and this is important information when challenging for construction or 2vs2