News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

New Unit Ideas

Started by mongolian, March 03, 2009, 09:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongolian

It dawned on me what this game really needs:

1-2 Infantry type of units, *Immune to ranged attacks.
Then, add a new sorcerer: adds immune to ranged attacks (only works on non-ranged units)

Lumen

I like the shield maiden as she is, but it seems like she would be a prime candidate for an ability like this.  If she could make a linked unit next to her immune to ranged abilities.  The infantry unit could be "Phalanx" or "Hoplite" and the immunity would be derived from a tower shield.

Lumen

Since we now seem to be adding things that modify units and abilities in the middle of the game, I thought I'd propose a new unit or two:

Group: White Mage
Alchemist
Hitpoints: 2
Actions: 1
Cost: 350

Abilities:
Move (range 1)

Grant strength potion (range 1):
  Gives the selected unit an additional ability that can be used once.  Using the ability drinks the potion, which takes an action and a command.  The effect lasts until the start of your next turn.  The unit is healed and gets +2 to power.  If used on a unit that already has a potion, that potion is replaced by a strength potion (a unit may have only one potion ability).

Grant speed potion (range 1):
  Gives the selected unit an additional ability that can be used once.  Using the ability drinks the potion, which takes an action and a command.  The effect lasts until the start of your next turn.  The unit is healed and has their movement range increased by 1.  If used on a unit that already has a potion, that potion is replaced by a strength potion (a unit may have only one potion ability).

Grant fading potion (range 1):
  Gives the selected unit an additional ability that can be used once.  Using the ability drinks the potion, which takes an action and a command.  The effect is to return the unit to the castle for redeployment.  If used on a unit that already has a potion, that potion is replaced by a strength potion (a unit may have only one potion ability).

Group: Cultist
Madman
Hitpoints: 3
Actions: 3
Armor: 1
Power: 1
Cost: 100

Abilities
Move (range 1)

Attack (range 1)

Increase life and power (self, costs 2 actions)
  Using this ability increases the max hp and power of this unit by 1.

Sacrifice Ally(range 1)
  This ability kills an adjacent ally.  It offers no benefit, but has some subtle tactical uses.

Finally, going off of an idea that had been mentioned on the Zatikon chat.  I can't remember who had the idea to begin with, but I thought I'd try to run with it.

Group: Scout
Spy
Hitpoints: 3
Actions: 2
Power: 3
Cost: 100

Abilities

Dodge: 1

Move (range 1)

Attack (range 1)

Swap positions (range 2)
  Select this ability, then select two organic units.  They exchange places.  This ability works on enemies as well as allies.  The spy cannot itself be selected.

mongolian

no way.. swaping with an enemy unit would be way too powerful, unless you plan on making that unit stuned for turn.  So ally only please.

I really like Alchemist btw.  I appreciate he isn't as versitile as Enchanter. Although, I'm really liking the alchemist to give a random super* ability sounds more enciting.  (same thing, only 1 unit can ever have 1 super ability at once)

lupusfatalis

like the alchemist, though i don't think the potions should take an action to both give and use ... and only last one turn... taking an action to give and lasting one turn is probably reasonable.

the spy... i think enemy swapping makes it too powerful for a 350 pnt unit, let alone 100...

madman... meh

mongolian

With all the super units, I'd like to see it taken one step further:

Couple new "boss units". Boss units could either:
(A) combine multiple other super unit powers
(B) Designed specifically with specific set of powers

I would like to see some boss's be units that the game can't produce.  Maybe even function something new.  Either way, when a boss comes out, no more units can be produced from AI.  Going even further with this idea, you could make a sole another game mode just based on "beating the boss" type of idea.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

I am not gonna say which but two of the ideas mentioned here are already being designed :)

Lunaraia

Honsetly the Spy where my idea and it's abilities are all messed up oh and Lumen sorry for sending you miss information XD

Here are how is where suppose to be:

Spy      Cost 150+

Replaces Tactician!

Actions 3/3
Life 4/4
Power 3
Armor 1
Deploy 3

Give +1 Command (better intelligence due to spying)

Swap Places with target unit anywhere within 5
Can be done 1/1 times per turn

Move to target Location
Costs 1 action

Poison on attack
Return to castle on attack

Attack Target Unit
range 1
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Kran

6 range spy attack is to much!