News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Tiles

Started by Lunaraia, March 05, 2009, 04:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaraia

Even though I send Gabe an E-mail on this topic I stikk thought it would be a great Idea to put this idea here, the intire consept is that some units have abilities that effects the Tiles that the units walk on, and not the units themselves, for example the Web Tile, that I added to one of the unit ideas I also sent to Gabe, this ability will make an area of 3X3 into a Web Tile, any unit Except the unit with the same name as the creator of the tile are effected, unless anything else is stated on the ability itself, in this case all units apart from the Giant Spider, that creates this tile get stunned upon walking iinto the tiled area, once stepped on the tile stuns then becomes a normal tile again, with no special effects, of it can turn normal after a certain number of stuns, keep in mind that th 8 other tiles still inflict stun evenif 1 tile is gone.
Another Tile I came up with after reading Mongolians complaint about the spirits is the Sanctified/ Holy Tile, the units Spirit, Ghost, Zombie Skeleton, Dracolich and all Risen units cannot cross this tile without taking 5 damage of in the spirits case, get destroyed any other unit that step on the tile get healed if organic or if it is inorganic nothing happens, unless the inorganic unit is undead/spirit where they take 3 damage, armor cannot block the damage from this tile, but other might give reduced damge to armored units, please post your thoughts on the idea
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

lupusfatalis

I like the tile idea, it would add another dimension to the game... it sort of exists with the mason, but there is definite room for expansion, etc...

Lunaraia

It's kinda like the Mason but not quite, the Tiles cannot be destroyed apart from putting new tiles where the old one is, or using the Burn Tile ability that I where planning on aksing to add to the Geomancer if this idea went through, the Burn Tile would remove all tiles and cause 3 points of damage to units that were standing on the tiles when it were destroyed, also building walls or plaing buildings on a tile would cause the tile to revert to normal without triggering it's effect

Lumen

I don't think we need a whole lot of them, but I like the giant spider concept and I really like the sanctum tiles where spirits/undead units cannot enter them.  I think it would be too specific of a function to have an ability that just removes the special effects of a tile, and so far 2 of the 3 abilities are self-clearing (walls can be destroyed, webs can be walked in to remove them).  So, I think the sanctum tiles should probably just destroy the unit that entered and then clear themselves.

Oh, and while I like the giant spider idea, I think it might be more interesting if it weren't a 3x3 block of webs.  I think it would be more tactically-challenging to have it drop webs in the squares it moves out of.  Perhaps it would have a couple jumping actions where it drops webs through all the tiles it crossed, stunning things in that area (like the elephant tramples).  Its attack might just be very weak but poisons, giving it the opportunity to avoid enemies with webs while the poison kills them.

Lunaraia

Could work, this is just the bare bones of the idea, I haven't anything set in stone afterall it has to be cleared first

lupusfatalis

you could have a 'tripwire' tile... where a unit chooses 2 ends, and a line between them is set... perhaps it removes all remaining actions of units that cross it, and stops them at the tile, etc...

Lunaraia

feel free to add ideas, tiles seems to have been tossed around and might be inplemented in the inqusition update, that is if my memory of the chat with Gabe is correct, if not then please forgive my bad memory :D