News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Serpent

Started by paulb84, March 28, 2009, 12:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb84

Hi everyone,

First of all, great game! Addictive, fun and strategic.
Great playing with/vs mongolian and others.

This post concerns the latest update. I don't like the new update that give serpents a 'pikeman' attack vs approaching enemies. I thought they were a balanced unit before. Given that the AI hydra spawns 5 a turn, they are also quite common in single player games.

Your thoughts?

zatikon

There's going to be a revision of the unit summoners and the units they summon. The Hydra is at the top of the list.

mongolian

The problem is that the druid's serpent is perfect (as it previously was pointless).  But yes, Hydra's serpents are too powerful.  The 2 clear choices are make Hydra weaker and keep serpents as is or let the Hydra summon a new type of spawn (something similiar to the old serpent).

Kran

I do not think its overpowered. The serpent is very easy to kill. But could be added something like serpents cant attack automatically by diagonals.

travcm

Oddly, I haven't seen a single hydra in single player since serpents were boosted.

mongolian

Serpeant's only triggering on horizonal/vertical (no diagonals) seems like a great solution.  But, I have almost never seen a Hydra in constructed which makes me believe it's still worth it's heafty $550 pricetag.

Kran

I use the hydra in contructed myself sometimes... With a mourner ^^

mongolian

1x Hydra 550
1x Mourner 200
1x strategist 50
---------------
I agree that even for $800 above, that's pretty powerful.  There aren't many decks that can handle it if given time.  It would make sense to only make snakes trigger on vertical/horizontals.  No diagonals.

Lunaraia

Here is an idea for a new hydra Summon:

Wyvern

Life 4
power 3
actions 2
armor 1

Movement does not cost actions

Move to target lovation within 2 can be done 1/1

Attack target enemy
Range 2
Cost 1

Might Poison?
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Lumen

I think I'd prefer if they could only attack on diagonals and not laterally.  Then a couple of them together could still hold off from any direction, but cannot combine attacks with one another.

Kran

Making it just defend in diagonals will make the defense of the snakes a bit better.

Kran

Lunaraia, i think 1 less actions is better in the wyvern ^^.

xsherlock

Lunaria,

That would be insane  power for hydra

Kran

The hydra is nice like it is.