News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

New Units Ideas

Started by Kran, April 23, 2009, 12:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kran

I think it should only add one extra attack instead of movement to melee units only, what i hope should include units such as pikeman and fanatic. But i see no why to make it only 1 range, but i think i can make it 4. He is too much weak to go to the frontline.
Then i think better to let the actions still 1 per now. I'm thinking about changing the way to get communion from "Tiggers when enemy attack" to "Tiggers when any ally attack". I'm bored of defensive units that make the things when "The enemy" make something. Thats the why i loved the barbarian.

Its edited now.

Kran

Thinking well that changes nothing, and the overrange still exists. That just make an unit to do not move more times than its action points allow. I have some suggests to it. Follows:

#1 The ally can't use the extra attack if the action points get zero.
#2 The ally attack all enemyes in range instead of getting one more times of attack.

Else, the extra attack do not generate communion to the intercessor. It was allready edited in the main post. And I choosed the first suggest to add to it too.

I gave to the intecessor a new ability too. Check it out. ^^

Kran

Kran

Name: Crone
Class: Cultists
Cost: 150$

Actions: 2
Life: 2
Power: 4

Move to target location. 1 range. Cost 1 action.

Attack target enemy. Anywhere wihin 2. Cost 2 actions

Attacked enemyes get -1 actions next turn.

Cast curse over enemy unit. Cursed units gets -1 life / armour each time they hit. Anwhere within 4. Cost 1 action. Not effective without range of the crone.

Units thats received the curse are immune any allied spells / skills and loose any beneficts.

Curse lasts until crone die. When crone dies, all units that received the curse regain their normal armour and life.

Jezebeau

Cursed would be too cheap.  Wizard makes it a 50-point range-4 kill.  Any token generator (particularly barracks, hydra, or masons) makes it a deathtrap for short-range units; so does a chieftain.

I'd place it at 150 points.  Alternately, consider that it'd make an interesting 350 point wizard if it had a bit more range and/or no cancellation on the curse.

Kran

Quote from: Jezebeau on May 14, 2009, 07:02:33 AM
Cursed would be too cheap.  Wizard makes it a 50-point range-4 kill.  Any token generator (particularly barracks, hydra, or masons) makes it a deathtrap for short-range units; so does a chieftain.

I'd place it at 150 points.  Alternately, consider that it'd make an interesting 350 point wizard if it had a bit more range and/or no cancellation on the curse.

The cursed is considered a range unit. range-3 kill. I will update it to do not kill units.

Kill ability removed. Name changed to Crone

Attack option added.

Jezebeau

Quote from: Kran on May 14, 2009, 04:10:46 PM
The cursed is considered a range unit. range-3 kill. I will update it to do not kill units.

Kill ability removed. Name changed to Crone

That works.  I think at that point you can simplify it to move cost 1, and either 1 or 2 actions.

Kran

I completely reformulated the crone. Follows

Kran

Class: Black Mage
Name: Crone
Cost: 350$
Actions: 1
Life: 2
Armour: 0
Deploy: 3

Move to target location: 1 range. Cost 1 action.

Malignancy. Attacks cost no actions.

Attack target enemy. Anywhere within 2. Can be made 1/1 times.

Target enemy become stubborn. Stubborn enemyes need +1 command before can be used in the turn. Anywhere within 6. Cost 1 action.

Target enemy become craven. Craven enemyes can only attack enemyes in the turn if another ally allready attacked an enemy before. Anywhere within 6. Cost 1 action. Maximun 3 craven enemyes per crone. Making more than 3 enemyes craven will cancel the first one.

Target enemy become trustless. Trustless enemyes are converted and are stunned each time they receive damage. Converted enemyes are still over affect of trustless. Anywhere within 6. Cost 1 action.

Target enemy become blockish. Blockish enemyes will never attack twice in a turn. Anywhere within 6. Cost 1 action. Maximun 3 blockish enemyes per crone. Making more than 3 enemyes blockish will cancel the first one.

Enemyes may never be affected by 2 of the states above. Casting another state will cancel the previous one.

None of the conditions above are tiggered by innorganic attack or by attacking innorganics.

zatikon

I like those new conditions. If we don't use them in the Crone package, we may end up using those elsewhere.

Jezebeau

Does this mean that it can only affect one enemy, or that it can only afflict one condition upon each enemy?

If it's one condition per enemy, any within 6 is way too powerful for most of those abilities.

Stubborn's pretty fair, but useless against the AI.

Craven would easily be able to hit two incoming units by the time they've closed to attack, and disable them completely if you can disable or kill the one or two other units sent in.  Would this prevent spells?  If so, it would beat two-mage armies in two turns.

I'm not sure what to think of trustless.  It's difficult to envision.

My biggest worry with blockish is that it could make golems extremely difficult to kill.  It would probably also combo too well with feathered serpent in 2v2/coop, and it would disable a channeler before it ever became a danger.

Kran

One condition each enemy. They have big range but all these conditions are completely passive.

Stubborn: Stubborn is useless againt AI. Thats true. Simply don't use it.

Craven: Craven do not affect spells or skills. Craven units are unnable to attack until someone attack, casting a spell do not allow craven units to attack. Craven units still can cast spells or use skills normally.

Trustless: I like its stretegy. Dont rush alone with it. I can see some strategy behind it with druids.

IMPORTANT: Spells can't be cast over innorganic units, as we know, and are not TIGGERED by them. Craven can still attack a innorganic unit normally. Attacking innorganic units do not allow craven units to attack. Trustless units are not converted / stunned by innorganic attack. Blockish units can still attack innorganics normally. Its edited in the main post now.

I created also a limit for craven and blockish enemyes. Josiah, if you want to remove one of the conditions or modify it, do that. Everything i want is to be usefull.

Jezebeau

Not sure that's enough.  It's still a rock-paper-scissors unit that, by itself, stands a really good chance of shutting down armies based on big horsemen/soldiers/archers.  Assuming you're clever enough to bring a sergeant, have no other defenses, and aren't protecting the crone with clergy, the opponent needs to bring two units that can cover seven range in two turns (three units for three turns), or a strong inorganic force.

The conditions are passive, but they're persistent, which makes them more debilitating than, say, a 1-turn stun or a return-to-castle.  I don't see any reason why these should be over range 5 (+1 for sergeant/+2 for wizard).

Kran

The crone need to be combinated with other troops to be effective. I agree craven is a bit strong againt some horseman, but not as much to say its overpowered. Archer can easily deal with it when combined with some horseman, and long range is longer range do not improve the crone as much as it does with other mages like the warlock, enchanter, diabolist, abjurer etc. You probably not going to make a unit unable to receive a condition if you are going to rush. The only haves 1 action, so it is slow in making units get states. I am sure it can perform some converts using the trustless, but the stay trustless forever. Exept if you get a druid. Horseman, soldiers and archers are not weak againt crone. Just force enemy army to do not be individualist.

Kran

Name: Champion
Class: Commanders
Cost: 200$
Life: 4
Armour: 2
Actions: 2

Move to target location. 1 range. Cost 1 action.

Attack target enemy. 1 range. Cost 1 action.

Gain control over enemy. Anywhere within 4. Tiggers when enemy have no allyes in 1 range. Cost 2 actions.

All Allies anywhere within 4 range gains +1 power for next turn. Tiggers when ally dies anywhere within 4. Max 1/1 times per turn.

Actions of allies in 4 range do not cost commands. Max 3/3 times per turn.

Set up a guard. Anywhere within 3. Guard receive everything enemy directs to champion. Maximum 1 guard at same time. Setting anothe guard cancels the first one. Guard is cancelled when distance between guard and champion is larger than 3.

Kran

Class: Structures
Name: Pyre
Cost: 50$
Life: 1
Deploy: 3 (Range 2)

Pyromancy. The cursed fire cast a malison over first enemy killer, and entire army become immune to it in its next turn.