News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

New Units Ideas

Started by Kran, April 23, 2009, 12:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jezebeau

This is a joke, right?  7x7 explosion for 4?  Two multi-turn removals per turn from one unit?

Kran

Quote from: Jezebeau on May 29, 2009, 07:33:43 PM
This is a joke, right?  7x7 explosion for 4?  Two multi-turn removals per turn from one unit?

I'm sorry, you mean 7 range explosion. Else its for 3, i'm sorry for not expecificating it. The target do not explode, just explodes if it die. But i will change the range to 5, cuz of riders that could maybe mess things by making acolyes of other weak support units explode. About the pigs, i forgot it have 2 actions. I will make it 4 range, and that will tigger in the beggining of its turn.

Kran

Class: Soldiers
Name: Taunter
Cost: 100$

Actions: 3/3
Life: 4/4
Power: 4
Armour: 2
Deploy: 3

Move to target location. 1 range. Cost 1 action.
Target enemy is damaged by power. 1 range. Cost 1 action.
Taunt. Cost 1 action. The taunt will cause in all enemy within 3 the hatred against the taunter, and they will be limited to direct attacks and skills to the taunter. If one unit is affected by 2 taunts, it can choose the one to attack.

Kran

Maybe a to late for that, but minime, your giant, in the first page, have power 6. But its attack obliterate :~))

Jezebeau

Quote from: Kran on May 29, 2009, 10:58:05 PM
Quote from: Jezebeau on May 29, 2009, 07:33:43 PM

I'm sorry, you mean 7 range explosion. Else its for 3, i'm sorry for not expecificating it. The target do not explode, just explodes if it die. But i will change the range to 5, cuz of riders that could maybe mess things by making acolyes of other weak support units explode. About the pigs, i forgot it have 2 actions. I will make it 4 range, and that will tigger in the beggining of its turn.

"Blue Lightining: Select target enemy anywhere within 3. Target and any unit in 3 range of the target are damaged by power. Cost 2 actions."

Any unit within 3 of the target means everything in the 7x7 block centered on the target will take 4, including the Circe, because you lowered the targeting range.

Now you've got a unit that has 1 action and three of its four abilities (including move) require 2 actions.  The pig curse, however, is still disabling two units for two turns.  Sure, they can act nearly uselessly, but it also makes them one-hittable by almost every unit in the game.

Kran

It hurts anyone within 3 range, not anyone anywhere within 3. I edited the actions.

Jezebeau

So it hits the target and one other target within three of the target?  That still makes it potentially hit 1 target at range 3 and one target at range 6 in a configuration far more open than the warlock's line, assuming no serg.

The bigger issue is that it combos with itself.
On turn A it makes two pigs.  On turn B it can potentially kill both.

Kran

ok, ok circe deleted.
About the taunter, anyone have an opine about it?

Kran

Name: Illusionist
Class: White Mage
Cost: 350$

Actions: 1
Life: 2
Deploy: 3

Move to target location. 1 range. Cost 1 action.

Summon a spectre. 1 range. Cost one action..[color]
Entretainment. All surrounding allyes get +1 power for next turn. Cost 1 action.

Name: Spectre
Actions: 2

Usable the turn deployed.
Intangible. Cant capture castle.
Etherial. Immune to attacks, skills and spells.
Unreal. Units can move to its location, and can pass or attack through it

Move to target location. 3 range. Cost 1 action.
Dispel. Cost 1 action. All surrounding enemyes are pushed back and stunned. If the space behind the victims isn't available, the victims aren't pushed and aren't stunned. Vanish self.
Vanish. Tiggers when any unit move to or through its location.

glunkr

The Illusionist seems too powerful. For starters, I think that summoning a spectre should cost an action.

Also, the Illusionist is way better than the Enchanter with the ability to stun several groups of enemies at up to range 7 (deploy spectre(s) at range 5, move to range 6, stun at range 7).

Also, what does "Fades" mean? I wasn't entirely clear about that.

Kran

Really, summon a spectre cost one action. Forgot writing it. Also, i will change fades to vanish. The spectre "dies".
Anyway, is easy to make an ally immune to the stun, just block the space behind the victim. Thats why its not overpowered.
Also, the stun make units change their places, so, you cant stun same units for a long time like the enchanter does.

Jezebeau

That's not easy, given that the spectre has two range, which allows it to attack from multiple directions.  To protect one unit at range 7 would require three units fanned out behind it.  If it was closer you'd need even more units and most of them would be stunned and pushed back, leaving the protected unit unprotected next turn.

Changing places may avoid repeat stunning, but it leaves a whole bunch of stunned units separated wide open to your advance, particularly if one saves a couple spirits up.

Kran

Ok, now thats a bit more defendable and easier to vanish.

glunkr

How about if the spectre dies after it stuns the enemy? That might make it more fair.

Kran

Then make the 5 range summon again?
Ok. i will make it vanish in attack, also i will give the illusionist summon cost no actions, 1/1 times per turn.