New Undead Units and Class *New unit, The Haunted Mansion*

Started by Lunaraia, April 26, 2009, 03:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumen

Bombing Run isn't really likely since the ship moves anywhere within 3.  If it doesn't move in a straight line, then determining the squares crossed is less simple.  That's not to say the computer won't figure it out, it's still a simple calculation, but it's less apparent to the player.

Range 3-5 on a unit that's that freely mobile is completely overwhelming.  Nothing can withstand it.  The pirate spawn are unimportant, the captain is unimportant.  The ship would dominate every game except against AI (just because killing only 2 things a turn loses vs. AI.

Lunaraia

eh? move enywhere within range? wenen't suppose to do that... sigh, me and my typos, well it is suppose to move as a horse does, not anywhere, wouln't be able to get it accepted even at 1k price tag with that XD, nerfed it a little too now it only have a 3-4 range, also can only attack before or after it has moved, so if it fires once then moves it can't fire again
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Jezebeau

Even so, if you can afford to move any allied units out of the way, it can still hit anything within 7 for 6, twice.  It would be the highest-power *and* highest-range unit in the game.

Kran

Yes, the ship can move less to attack closer units.

Lunaraia

well it' an idea nothing more, honestly if I planned to get that ship into the game as is, I wouldve made HUGE changes to it and units, still not sure how to nerf if to make it fair though, any ideas?

JoeMaster

maybe artificer skill should be changed so that it doesn't work on undead, i think it would help balance this out

Lunaraia

Undead Tree 400 +

Life 7
Power 3
Action 2
Armor 2

Move to target Location
Rage 1
cost 2

Tree Like
Not affected by ranged attacks

Attack Target unit
Range 2
Can be done 3/3 per turn

Inorganic
Immune to skills and spells

Undead
Immune to Allies, Stun, Poison, Cannot Change control

Lunaraia

Ok changed around on the Ghost Ship, Crew, Captain and the Shadow Unit from page one, it was WAAAAAAAAAYYYY to pwerful as it was, it has been given a considerable nerf

also HUGE CHANGE!!!!!!

Due to the many complaints about undead units the undead Status Is hereby changed Dramatically to give you a feel that the untis are rather balanced, the new Undead status are as follows:

Immune to Allies, this way they can't be healed nor get powered up way beyond what's normal in any way
Immune to Stun, they can't get stunned, easy as that
Immune to poison, no they can't get poisoned, they don't have a pusle and thus no bloodstream to affect
Cannot change control, Undead arent religious and since they are quite dead any Changeling attempting to exchange with them WILL die, since they are replacing someone who's already dead, makes sense.. no?

Kran

Lunaraia

you get the point Kran as they were the chanses of them entering the game was 0 what I was making more realistic was their chanse of getting admitted

Lunaraia

Bog Spirit cost 100

life 3
action 2

Movement dosn't cost actions

Move to target area anywhere within 2

Mist - passive spell, just like aegis
All units within 3 use 1 more action to move, up to their maximum ammount of actions, dosn't stack

Drain Life - spell
Range 1
Target unit current and total HP is lowered by 1
Bog Spirit's current and total HP is increased by 1
cost 1 action

Can't capture Castle

Spirit
Returns to castle when killed

Undead
Immune to Allies, Can't be poisoned, stunned or converted

Kran

Lunaraia

Kran

Its immortal, make moves cost more, its very strategical against enemyes. I think it would be nice even without the return to castle thing. Then maybe could add 1 dodge.

Lunaraia

true it's immortal, on the flip side it's only attack is a spell, so it can't touch inorgs, also the same goes for it's mist spell, it doesn't affect inorgs nor horse units at all it has no power rating so cavs and axemen will make mincemeat out of it and to top it off it can't capture castle, I think it's perfectly balanced as is