News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Dragon: Worst of the 550?

Started by Wakrob, May 29, 2009, 10:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakrob

My play experience has mainly been coop.  I find that every 550 piece in coop has cool and nasty combo's and strategies that can win in high level coop....except the Dragon.

Is there any way to improve the Dragon that would help in Coop that wouldn't break it for Constructed/Random?
I hate to see one of the premiere fantasy creatures of all time get so underused.

Some ideas
- Soaring:  Move anywhere within 5, takes all actions.
- Fearsome Roar:  Stun all within 2.  Once per game.
- Treasure Hoarder:  Gain 2 team actions per kill Dragon makes.
- Magic Resistance:  Cancel the first enemy spell cast at Dragon each turn.

Or for a really whacky idea.  Whenever you place a dragon you get a random colored Dragon!
Blue can shoot line 6 Lighting Bolts
Red could have the current Fireball
White could stun on attack (frost)
Green could get Acid Blast which acts as poison and Axeman like armor reduction combined
etc

Wak

glunkr

I really like the different color ideas, very unique and interesting! I agree that the dragon does seem a bit pricey for $550.

Kran

The greatest dragon utility is to cause pressure over enemyes. Its not overpowered, and need no corrections. I liked the coloured dragon thing, but i we should bring randomization to zatikon.

Jezebeau

Yeah, randomization != Zatikon.

I will say that it's too vulnerable, though.

Kran

Vulnerable, yes. Underpowered, no. Maybe it could need a more funny spell or skill.  Maybe dragon fireball is 3 damage instead of 4 and immune to armour.

minime

I don't think the dragon is too weak. The problem can be that the AI units has too much life and armor. So the dragon cant kill them in a single hit. What about giving it 1 point of extra power? It wont make the dragon much stronger in random or constructed, but it'll be able to kill more AI units in a single hit. And an 8 power dragon could kill an archangel too! So it could be a bit better in 2 vs 2 too.

in random the dragon's only problem is just that, it is possible to get an other expensive unit with it:
for example:
dragon
summoner
general
2 tacticians
1 strategist
1 gate guard

and your chances will be very slim.

Kran

Yeah, maybe +1 power would be great.

mongolian

+1 power would be fine.  The dragon's movement + fireball ability are exactly perfect right now.  If you dragon were to gain another power, it should be something slow.

Every 10+ turns, Dragon can use all actions and lay a dragon egg.  Egg is 1/1 1hp.  Egg will hatch into another dragon next turn.

Or, lay dragon egg.  Sacrifice dragon this turn, and dragon hatches into egg.  Can only be done every 5 turns.  Hatched dragon can not move turn of hatching.

zatikon

The design for the next Wyrm is based around egg laying.

Kran

Lumen

I love dragon for the all-out offensive whirlwind that it is.  It's straightforward and *demolishes* an opponent quickly, if they don't have something that instakills at a pretty far range.

Kran

Dragon have power 8 now, and is able to kill allmost non-modifyed units.