News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Archangel

Started by Lumen, May 05, 2009, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kran

What about making aegis a spell? I see no need of innorganic units be protected.

minime

I like the new angel a lot. it is a good unit to use in coop or 2 vs 2 with beginners. their army becomes much more useful with the protection.

Kran

I learned that the hard way. Lol

SLOTH

I like the new angel as well.  I did not think it was worth the price before.

Kran

I would say its a bit overpowered as it is. Expecially in 2v2

Lumen

Honestly, the Aegis is quite enough protection.  It doesn't need to also have the ability to return from the dead.  If you took that away, then it would still be strong, but not ridiculous.

mongolian

Holy smokes the new angel is good.  I almost peed my pants when my opponent drew it in random.  In random, those extra 250 pts makes it a goliath.  Do people still think this is a fair-sized unit for random.  I think it's fair enough for constructed as armies are only 1000.

Does anyonw know which units work on angel: geomancer-enchanter-possessed-witch.

I'm really confused about the immune to abilitys and effects.

PS - what happens when angel has an artficer with it?  And why does it get to keep coming back to life if it's inorganic?

Jezebeau

Even if it's inorganic, it returns to castle when it dies because its return to castle effect isn't a spell or a skill, so it's not immune to it.  It provides a once-per-turn immunity to every organic unit on your side (note that my inorganic angel didn't have the halo it provided to my three organic units).  All four of the units you mentioned will work on it, so long as it's already been targeted that turn.  Throw some other attack at it, then possess/frog/rock/stun it.  You'd be less confused if you: a) read the unit, and b) read what the colours of abilities mean, which you can find in the change log.

I don't understand what you mean by "those extra 250 pts".  It's a 550 point unit and you pay for that.  Like every other 550 point unit, it's potentially a liability in random because you end up with such a small main force.  I'll remind you that you won because you had a well-rounded army and I couldn't take down your units with one 4-power recurring unit.

When when you have an angel with an artificer, you have 900 points tied up and are pretty much screwed.

glunkr

I think Mongolian means the extra 250 points in Random -- 1250 instead of 1000. 250 extra can give you more allies in your main force that get protected, which makes the Archangel more useful/powerful.

Jezebeau

Potentially, but it depends on you having useful units, which gets less likely, the bigger the units you have, and 200 of those points are always eaten up in a general and a gate guard.

Kran

I like the idea, i'm just not fun of things that cant be circunvented. I mean, there is NOTHING i can use in angel's army in first time. Honestly, i would love the old angel, with the old smite, without the old price, a bit less.

mongolian

Yes, that all being said, I totally would prefer to see a different type of angel.