News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Graphics markers for AI super powers

Started by Wakrob, May 11, 2009, 10:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakrob

Ive heard some players dont like to have to constantly click on and read special powers for the AI pieces.  At high lvls since everyone is special you have to constantly read them all.

What if you made little symbols that represented the powers, and put those symbols in the top left or right corner of the piece.

Then after learning the symbols you could easily identify powers without all the extra clicking.

(For example, Clockwork might look like a little hourglass or maybe a sundial symbol)

Wak

minime

I like it, I think this would help a lot :D

Jezebeau

Well, clockwork is actually evident: clockwork units are faded.  I agree that this would help reduce the need to check every AI unit.  For example: any arcane unit's image could just be replaced with a bullseye.  :P

Wakrob

Yeah, I reallized after that Clockwork are faded.

Thanks goodness Possessed are dark.

Wak

Tek777

would be nice with it.
and with power/armor/hp/actions on icon =) 4 numbers in 4 corners

glunkr

Please don't add anything to the picture of the normal units (or if you do, please make it configurable so I can turn it off). I like the clean look of the units now and it never bothered me to click on a unit if I am unfamiliar with it.

That being said, it would be nice to know that the super units are different somehow. Some of the abilities are extremely powerful (the arcane warrior comes to mind) and it would be nice to know which ones you need to be worried about at a glance.

zatikon

Any unit with a gold border has an upgrade.

minime

Quote from: zatikon on May 12, 2009, 10:41:17 PM
Any unit with a gold border has an upgrade.

the problem is that at high level all the AI units has gold border, so you have to read them all. and reread them a lot, because when there are for example 4 paladins, that isn't that easy to remember which one has which ability. maybe it would be great too, if each ability had an other color border(not gold).

btw I think the skinwalker and the mimic should have an aura like the possessed has, but with an other color.

Goat

Sometimes I click a unit so I can read what it's ability is, but end up firing at it, stunning it, or changelingizing it inadvertantly.  I also think there are some language barriers that could be overcome with a graphic indicator.  A variety of border colors or patterns (dotted line, etc.) would solve the problem.