News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Questions About Existing Units

Started by Kran, May 16, 2009, 07:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kran

I will start this topic asking if someone know what happens if two shield maidens protect the same unit, and what happens when one shield maiden protects another one.

Why the the enchanter cant give armour back to units that has lost their armour in fight againt axemans?

Do the dopleganger twin receive the murder status if the original killed someone?

What happens if i banish a possessed unit? (Not the possessed itself)

What happens if i a scout kill a possessed?

Risen Mourners give life to opponent. Its a bug. Do risen strategists give you commands next turn when YOU attack the ENEMY? or give commands to your enemyes? And generals, and tacticians, everything?

Why traded units sometimes get marked by an ally bounty hunter and sometimes an enemy acolyte protects you after trade. Should not it protect only allyes, mark only enemyes? Same with shield maiden. I think that should be updated to: Cancel when loose control of ally. Same when you trade acolytes or shield maidens etc.

What happens with flying masons and their climb a wall skill.

What happens if you kill an acolyte and the protected unit with a fireball.

Stunned units cant dodge or parry. Do an stunned acolyte still protect the unit? Do the Shield bearer still block the range attacks?

Do the lancer attack a pikeman/serpent/guard bowman/tower if he dies in same turn?

Lots of questions, i know. I hope some players still have questions and do not want to open new topics ^^.

Kran

Also what happens if i purge a converted unit or a possessed one. The possession is cancelled but it will return to the control of the first player?

minime

I think the most important thing would be to understand the "why" behind the answers. This would help to understand and to elaborate the rules of the game better.

Jezebeau

The why is in the code.  By properly framing these questions and testing them, we can discover something about the order in which abilities are checked (and on which side), and certain priorities.

I haven't tried two shield maidens on one unit, but when one shield maiden protects a second shield maiden protecting a target, the damage will transfer to the first shield maiden.  An acolyte protecting any link in the chain will nullify all the damage.  Ooh... What I'd like to see is whether a paladin protected by a shield maiden reduces the damage before passing it along.

Re: scout kills a possessed or a martyr --  The scout returns to castle and the possessed/martyr abilities are wasted.

Re: axeman-victim + enchanter -- Druid reset restores armor.  If enchanter doesn't, we can presume that the axeman applies a debuff that sets armor at zero.  You would have to use a druid (or abjurer) to remove it.

Re: flying mason -- This one's a bit weird.  The flying mason still has his climb wall move ability.  If you click on it, the fly ability will disappear until next turn.  After selecting climb wall, normal mason movement behaviour persists until next turn.  Your first move must be onto a wall, but for his other two actions he can move to wall or non-wall spaces in range 1.  So, currently, if there's a wall 4 spaces in a straight line from a flying mason, he can move there, climb the wall ahead, and then some combination of two moves or builds.  Two flying masons could perform some interesting leapfrogging, this way, but I assume it's a bug.

Re: acolyte + protected unit + fireball -- I tried this several ways.  The fireballed unit takes damage if the acolyte dies.  What's surprising is that the acolyte doesn't even protect against fireball if it isn't in the fireball.  It doesn't matter whether or not the protected unit is the center of the fireball.  The fireballed unit takes damage and still has the acolyte-link.  I have tested this with warlock, dragon, diabolist (w/other unit as center), and fire archer fireballs.  This is probably a bug.

Re: stunned defenses -- A stunned acolyte still protects a unit.  An acolyte still protects a stunned unit.  A stunned shield bearer is still immune to ranged attacks.

Re: purging converted units -- purged units stay loyal to whoever their current owner is.  If I use a priest to steal a unit and purge it, I keep the unit, it just got purged of whatever else.  If I use a summoner to turn an enemy knight into a friendly demon, purging it will give me a friendly knight.

I'll post a bug report about the bugs.

Lunaraia

Acually I think the masons suppose to be that way to prevent players from being able to use the walls to recharge the fly ability athen fly and build and climb another wall the next turn
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Kran

minime

3 more:
why doesn't a flying sergeant make the rallied ally move?

what happens if there is a poisoned unit with one life and a quartermaster? (and why. the answer to this question should be the order of effects at the end of the turn)

which unit will be the form of the skinwalker if multiple unit dies?

Kran

Quartermaster do not heal effects.
flying sergeant do not rally allies cuz that was making the game MUCH boring adding 3 more range to units.
I will test what happens with double kill in fireball, warrior attack or lighting of warlock.

Lunaraia

Kran

Quote from: Lunaraia on May 18, 2009, 03:30:37 AM
Weakest unit gets priorety

Thats not much clear,when you mean weakest its the cheapest? Lower power? Lower Armour? Lower Life?

Lunaraia

weakest overall, I.E a warrior and a lock dies at once lock gets priorety since it has less life armor and actions, if an acolyte and a healer dies at once then acolyte get's priorety since it's not as useful, might be something else that cuses it to be this way but in my experience it's always the weakest/ least useful that takes priorety this way

zatikon

There's a couple mysterious parts of the system at work here:

SequenceID determines the order targets are selected.  Every unit has a unique sequenceID, assigned when its deployed. It starts at 0, and increases by 1 each time a unit enters. So, the first unit deployed has an ID of 0, the next one is 1, then 2, etc. When a group of targets is selected, they're sorted by sequenceID in ascending order. So if a warlock drops a fireball or a heretic is damaged, the oldest units are affected first. Several units have been given overrided sequenceIDs to force them to be computed earlier or later. Martyrs, for example, are given the lowest priority so they're always struck last.

TriggerPriority is a hidden attribute of triggered actions. It determines what triggered actions are computed in what order. For example, an Acolyte's shield will always be computed before a Shield Maiden's.

mongolian

I think to be more specific to mini-me's Q.  What if the unit had 1 of 5 HP and was poisened.  Does the unit die or goto 4 of 4 hp?

I find it funny how I pointed out here http://www.pontifex2.com/smf/index.php/topic,1148.0.html is Zatikon too complex.  And everyone who has replied to this thread I would put into the category of players who have a good understanding of the game.  Just think about players just joining the game.  It's toxic how much is needed to learn, let alone learn all the newances. Geesh.

zatikon

Effects that raise and lower life always affect current and maximum life.

Lunaraia

what he is trying to say is that a unit with 1/5 hp and is poisoned he'd drop to 0/4 and die simple as that, however some units can acually stay poisioned indeffinetly depending on circumstances, skinwalker for example heals every time it chanes to a new unit, so even if the poison status carry over the countown starts from 0, same with mimmic and templar wo can shapeshift or turn indestructable at will, acually won a game due to the fact that my Tamplar managed to go indistructable next to the oponent's castle while poisoned