News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Archangel's Aegis

Started by Kran, May 27, 2009, 05:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kran

Quote from: Kran on May 26, 2009, 10:35:20 PM
Allready discovered that was considered a bug and was "fixed". I dont know how people posted the game images, so, i will write carefully the aegis description:

Aegis:
At the end of turn, all allies gain a protection that cancels the next attack, spell or skill directed at them. The enemy unit still pays all cost for attempting the action.

I hope that means that the attack, spell or skill will only be canceled if directed to an ally unit.
I dont think  this should cancel enchanter dazzles, when the stunned unit is not in center.
I dont think also this should cancel fireballs, when ally is not in center,  warlock lightinings, when the unit is not in the end (place where you click)
I dont think too that this should even cancel assassin stun, cuz the assassin do not direct nothing to no one, just stun surrounding units. Even lancer attacks, i would say. Nothing should be blocked exept things you click exactly in the place where the enemy is. Other things, surrounding damage, heretic reckoning (not tested it), chieftain goad, nothing should cancel it. Also think aegis should be considered a spell, but thats the best topic to mine post sugestions.

This may increase a bit the complexity of the archangel aegis, well, thinking about it, developers can simply update the aegis description. But that make archangel aegis impossible to counter, make the archangel overpowered, make it VERY MUCH overpowered in 2v2 and coop, and sure, will make it simple, for people that dont exactly reads all descriptions. Thats not needed, for sure, but i like to. Well, thats up to you, game developers, but i'm sure aegis can't stay like it is.

I would like to know what people think about it. Also explosions that are directed to one unit, should be cancelled to everyone and only the center unit should spend the aegis thing.

glunkr

I think that is too confusing. The most straight-forward explanation is that it protects you from the next spell/skill/attack that your enemy hits you with, regardless of which square was actually targeted.

Under the system Kran proposed I guarantee that there will be many "bug" reports of strange aegis behavior, such as units taking damage when they have the aegis, and still having the aegis it afterwards (as in the case of a fireball-like effect).

Kran

well, thats what says the description, but as said josiah, it will be changed soon.

Lunaraia

certainly hope so as the danged aegis even prevents the mimic from transforming! as it is now aegis renders changeling mimic and ALL mage units useless counting both the druid and gemancer as mages just for good riddance
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Kran

The aegis make mages suck, cant be circunvented, whats is very boring, also is overpowered, expecially in 2v2. Also makes changelings much more overpowered, impeace mimic to transform, what i dont like too. But looking another point of view you can use the mimic/changeling to cancel aegis over an enemy in 6, even when you would NEVER trade or mimic the unit. I dont see how the aegis can dont be a (rock) againt the mages (scissors), cant see how to circunvent it, so it will  be boring anyway. But about the overpower, maybe things that are cancelled by aegis could not cost the opposing player commands.