News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Diplomat

Started by Kran, May 28, 2009, 12:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kran

I dont know why, but units can still summon under protection of the diplomat.
Also, the grafic is to much 3d for zatikon. lol

glunkr

I talked to Gabe about the diplomat graphic when it first came out. He was telling me that many reviewers are complaining that the graphics are bad.

When I first started playing Zatikon, I will also admit that I thought the graphics were cheesy. But now that I am used to them, I love the look of the game.

I think the most important graphical thing to keep in mind is that all units should be consistent. It doesn't look good to have a mix of styles.

If the Zatikon developers are looking to improve the graphics, it would be nice if they overhauled all the units at one time, instead of only changing the look of new units. If they do modernize all the units, it would be nice to have the option of switching back to the old graphics for people who prefer the old-school look.

Kran

zatikon

The diplomat's art is temporary. The artists have been busy, so I've been generating some placeholders to keep up with the unit/week schedule.

Lunaraia

speaking of the Commander units, weren't you gonna add a few changes to the Tactician?
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Kran

Changes to tactician? Maybe increase power to one. lol

mongolian

Hopefully everyone understands this unit is the current biggest problem child.  As much as I like the idea of Armistice, it's not fair.  There are many different aveues to approach a feasable solution, but please don't give up on the idea of a truce system.

Some suggested solutions:

(1) Player who casts Armistice, can not capture opponent's base for turn of casting +2.

(2) No damage dealing units can take place under armistice.  Additionally, no units would be able to be killed.  Spells & effects can still work.

Kran

What about you cant cast armistice when you allready moved with a unit? That would make it fair. My opine.

Lunaraia

armatice can be a problem wen the oposition has 1 warrior and 7 diplomats, still I didn't loose against that combo since my oponeny (won't mention names) where nice enough to walk into the caste square guarded by my snake with only 1 hp :P and no armatice cast
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Kran

I cant understand nothing over "armistice can be a problem when opposition has 1 warrior and 7 diplomats"

mongolian

Try Golem, 4 diplo, 1 gate guard.  Please give me an answer how 98% of all decks are going to lose to this.  Diplomat needs to be tweeked.

Kran

True. The only way to beat it is a mason. One single mason is enoght to make golem loose time.

Jezebeau

Couldn't it just be made to last until the end of your next turn?  To properly function as an "armistice", your units should be unable to attack on at least one of the two turns.

Jezebeau

Ooh, idea!  How about, rather than making units immune, it functions like a reverse chieftain.  Prevent all movement towards the diplomat for a turn.

Wakrob

I still think the new version of Armistice is too good.

I would prefer it lasted until the END of your next turn so there was actually a turn that you could not attack the enemy as well.

Or you had to use it at the beginning of your own turn...must be FIRST action.  That way you can use it to manuever for one turn while you cant attack and then be immune for one enemy turn.

Wak