News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Redesigning the game shell

Started by mongolian, June 10, 2009, 05:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongolian

I am so impressed at Zatikon's upgrades, it's really making this game a gem.  But, I feel one of the biggest areas it could improove to make the game more attactive is a better lobby (aka the main screen to connect to games).

I know this would take alot of work, but I'd love to see something similiar to the following:

Interesting things about the new GUI:
- Players can have their own icon (selected from a list of the units in game as your avatar)
- This would completely omit the need for a player list
- Everything has been made more compact
- Hopefully this is more visually obvious to see open games and who is playing who in what type of games...

mongolian

This is obviously still a work in progress...

Kran

Lumen

I like the layout, and I think it neatly allows for everything the current one does except for the mute the music button while still having much more information displayed.

You'd need some button to access a profile or something to change your displayed unit avatar if it was freely selectable.

This makes me think of a couple new things that I'd like to see.  First, a place in the main lobby that shows the current army you have selected.  Second, it would be neat to have a button that randomizes your selected army, probably guaranteeing a general and going randomly from there.  It's almost like an inspiration button, and it would allow you to take randomized armies into coop and team games, or play random vs. constructed.

Oh, and it would be fun if the options for avatars were based on which units you use the most discounting commanders, with commanders always available.

Goat

...so if we click on one of the displayed open game graphics, we enter the much anticipated "observation mode" for that game?

I too am impressed with the upgrades.  The new units are varied and interesting.  I'm especially impressed with the developer's attention and response to player comments.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Great job, can we use some of these elements to help improve the user interface?

mongolian

The design is 100% ©Zatikon.   Use any/all parts.  I have a layered photoshop file if you want it too.