Free updates, until we change the name.

Started by Mirlen, September 27, 2002, 01:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirlen

I was expecting some updates to Pontifex but instead you just change the name to Pontifex 2 and decide to charge us anyhow.  Sure you discounted it but I didn't see ONE update since I bought it.  I'm afraid you won't be getting any more of my money.

bmowrey

Hey, I think its a great value -- buy it on the assumption that updates may/may not be forthcoming.

You don't have to buy P2, but I believe the game is well worth the money.

(Edited by bmowrey at 10:46 am on Nov. 5, 2002)

Used to own all 'extra' map pack records at http://pontifex.phantomtech.info/ . . . working to get the records back!

chroniclogic

I am sorry you feel that way.  We offered all Pontifex members Pontifex II for ű.95 which is a very fair price.  Members will still have 2 weeks after it is released to buy Pontifex II for พ.95 which is half the normal price.  Pontifex offered contests and map packs as well as a community for the game.  Sorry that is not enough for you.

Josiah

dace

At the risk of sounding unfair ... I'm afraid I agree with Mirlen, although being a programmer I do see your side Josiah.
That said,  I can't help but feel a little let down that a new version doesn't come as part of the original registration.  A different game - fine no problem, but improvements to the original game is what I felt I've paid for.
Although I appreciate the discounted offer - the above feeling stands.  I also don't expect anything to change - but please be aware that many of your customers may feel the same.

Thanks for V1 anyway - I enjoyed it.

Kind Regards

D.

(Edited by dace at 1:51 pm on Oct. 26, 2002)

chew42

yep chonic logic, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Pontifex was/is a cool game & i checked back here very often hoping for fixes to the many bugs i saw. If you guys had done ANY updates to PF1 i may have been a little more willing to send you some more $$$

instead i get months & months of nothing followed by, "hey, you get a discount on PF2"

i believe ill pass, thanks anyway