News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Random upgrades in random mode

Started by Goat, June 06, 2009, 07:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat

I was thinking of ways players could use unit upgrades (vampiric, cunning, guardian, etc...) without using the changeling or inviting massive abuse. 

What if one random upgrade appeared in every random game?  Players could deploy the upgrade onto a unit to assign it to that unit.

Kran

Units upgrades are completely unbalanced. When used by someone with brain (i mean anyone exept AI), its completely devasting. Thats also unfair cuz some upgrades are stronger than another ones.

zatikon

As part of the content expansion for single-player and coop, we're considering powerups randomly left behind after killing units.

Goat

Quote from: zatikon on June 07, 2009, 09:21:15 PM
As part of the content expansion for single-player and coop, we're considering powerups randomly left behind after killing units.

Fun!

That's a better idea.

mongolian

I agree too that having random armies use special powers wouldnt work, but make random worse off.  But, I also agree having units gain powers that kill units is a nice incentive.  As long as it was 1 per unit.  I think everytime that unit kills a unit it could cycle the super power too.. but I would prefer not to cycle.

PS - what random mode really needs is just a few units removed or made more rare: armory, dracolith, possessed and a few others...

Kran

@Mongolian's PS: Agree with that.
@Mongolian: I like unit upgrates. But nothing like cunning or ascendant, or even arcane. That need to be seriousry vised. I dont wanna something that can cause overrange again. Also somethings like clockwork need to be revised or could finish with tactics life i protect this unit with a shield maiden... Then i kill a unit, my unit become clockwork, i loose unit becouse of that. I would like to see something like +1 power, or +1 life, or regenerating. Also i think such extra abilityes could fade after some turns.

zatikon

This would only apply to single player and co-op. The present content is completely balanced around constructed and random, yet people mostly play co-op. The current co-op content is sparse and was designed as an after-thought. I want to make co-op the game it could be, and keep random/constructed intact.

To do that, new gameplay elements will be added to the AO. Some ideas so far have been:

Special AO only units.

"Terrain" style features, like pregenerated walls and special AO-only structures that start in play.

Boss fights.

Random powerups that drop on the square of defeated enemies.

Kran

Well, againt the PC, i cant see why not. Thats a good idea. Myself particulary doesn't play much coop or single, but i like it ^^.

Lunaraia

sounds fine to me, oh and about super units do me a faovr, REMOVE THE ZEALOUS CONFESSOR, having a 3rd turn loss due to kill made by lock or witch or some sutch aint fun
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself