News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Top 20 of balanced units

Started by Kran, June 07, 2009, 02:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zatikon

I like broad, versatile synergy between units.

I avoid narrow, specialized combos. Sometimes they emerge, but they're not intended and I try my best to mitigate their potency.

Let's not get too abstract with balance debates. If there's a problem with a specific unit or combinations of units, we can identify them and design real solutions.

Jezebeau

I just worry when people talk about combo units in general.  I'd hate for every unit whose primary purpose is to affect allied units to be lumped into the "bad for Zatikon" category.

Archangel can only be permanently dealt with if transformed or stolen.  Possessed needs to be stolen, killed by inorg, abjured/purged post-possession, or rocked.  They require people to include units from a very small pool of foils.

Lumen

Quote from: Jezebeau on June 09, 2009, 10:37:51 PM
I just worry when people talk about combo units in general.  I'd hate for every unit whose primary purpose is to affect allied units to be lumped into the "bad for Zatikon" category.

Archangel can only be permanently dealt with if transformed or stolen.  Possessed needs to be stolen, killed by inorg, abjured/purged post-possession, or rocked.  They require people to include units from a very small pool of foils.

Or killed by gate guard on the castle.  This is an important point for random, which always includes one in every army.  Admittedly, you sacrifice a ranged unit to do so, but it's almost certainly worth the 400 points of possessed.

Kran

The possessed and the dracolich are overcosted. Conjurer have to many combos. There are the 3 main ploblems in game.

mongolian

I would actually love to see both posessed and dracolith weakened and then see both with lower costs. 

Possessed: Jumps 2 tiles per turn, costs $150. (special ability same)
Dracolith: Power4: Armor:0, HP: 4-6, costs $450 (special ability same) or