News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Doppelganger

Started by minime, June 15, 2009, 01:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minime

I think the doppelganger is too cheap. It should cost at least 250, but I think the correct price would be 300. It is a bit like the angel(without the aegis): an unkillable and strong combat unit. and the angel costs 550 and the dop 200.

Kran

I dont think so. It is a bit fragile in fight and cant cause any pressure. I dont think it should cost more than a healer of a channeler.

Lunaraia

the doppelgangers have 1 tremendous weakness, they spawn twins with the same ammount of hp that they have, so they will steadely get waker and weaker until they are dead
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

minime

Quote from: Lunaraia on June 15, 2009, 08:06:02 PM
the doppelgangers have 1 tremendous weakness, they spawn twins with the same ammount of hp that they have, so they will steadely get waker and weaker until they are dead

if you keep one twin back at your castle, then it will never get any damage. you just get a fresh powerful combat unit again and again(with 1 deploy cost). this is how it is similar to the angel.

Kran

I know. But think about the amount of commands needed to make the twin goes from the castle to the midlecamp... Time, commands. The dopleganger have a strong attack, but its 1 armour mess him. =D
Compared to other units like the channeler, mourner, its a perfectly balanced unit...

Jezebeau

I agree with Kran.  If you hide one twin in the back row it takes two to three turns and five to eight command to bring it back to the front lines.  If you bring both forward and the enemy throws one attack on each, they're both in significant trouble.

Kran

Angel flyes, so, making it return to the midlecamp doesnt cost much commands.
Thats why people try to advance a bit necromancers and summoners. Making summons much away from frontline cost to much.