News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Wyvern

Started by mongolian, August 05, 2009, 04:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongolian

I like the wyvern but I think it needs a crucial tweek:

- It doesn't cost an action to move/jump wyvern.

I don't even mind if you make it -1 power or -1 armor, but this is an essential change.  Wyvern is just too expensive and with all the other goodies out on the board he is never going to make the cut for any coop or constructed army where it's currently at.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

It does not cost an action to move.  Maybe it should have two actions though.

mongolian

Yes, it costs 1 command to move the wyvern. That is the exact reason why something needs to be tweeked.  Jumping 2 for free would be neat, if it could only jump (2) not (3).   Or alternatively, let it be 1 command to move, but same like elephant, it can jump within (4).

Lunaraia

the bloody thing is free to move but only has 1 action, makes it worthless against anything that dodges or in face with an AA, add another action please, oh and lower hatching time from 3 to 2 please, eggs thet trashed to much to be of use, oh and for heavens sake MAKE THE EGGS INORGANIC, changelings are annoying when they swap em the turn before they hatch, not to mention mimics mimicing em, seriously mimicing an egg, shouldn't be possible
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

JoeMaster

hatching time from 3 to 2 OR actions from 1 to 2.  If you make both changes it would be overpowered, but making one of em would be fair i think

Kran

4 range flight would not fix that?

Lunaraia

would still make the wyvern worthless against anything with dodge, not to mention the hurt an angel army would bring

paulb84

I've tested the Wyvern for a while now.

I think the only change that would make it worth 550 is to give it two attacks. So 2 actions gets my vote.

Norsker

I don't think that giving it two actions will make the wyvern worthwhile-It's simply very hard to eat a unit, and then fly off to lay an egg without being stunned/killed/entombed/etc.  A 'double flight' feature, with reduced distance on each(move two spaces), would probably redeem the wyvern.

A Dracolich suggestion, while I'm at it:  rather than having dead units resurrect on the spot, make them deployable(at the cost of dracolich actions) from the dracolich. 

Lunaraia

they tried having em deployable, problem was that if you somehow got your hands on more then 1 draco u would have their rise ability stack with eachotherallowing u to deply double the ammount, just like the old FS did, before they changed itt to send the unit back to the owners castle, still not sure if that will stop the duplications if there were multiple  of em on the field though

Kran

2 Actions would not help anything. I agree with norsker. Maybe it can summon an egg before eating, that will become a wyvern when it eat something :P. But doesnt make any sence.
Kran

Lunaraia

if the wyvern did that then the field would be flooded within a few turns

Kran

Norsker

Quote from: Kran on October 11, 2009, 07:47:10 PM
???

I  think Luna misunderstood your suggestion;  he seems to have read it as 'wyvern can lay eggs without feeding', when your proposition only allows this once.

Lunaraia

something like that