News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Sergeant

Started by Kran, July 05, 2009, 02:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kran

I was thinking about this unit, it cant rally range  becouse of the channeler. But it still can rally an hydra and making lots of heads :( I have a nice idea for this unit:

Rallied ally cost no commands to move only, instead of acting. Sergeant can rally anyone instead of only melee

Feedback apreciated =D

Jezebeau

So nerf melee to buff channeler?  Ranged don't use that much command moving.  Hydra's more acceptable than the channeler because it still has a static limit on the number of moves it can make.  It would be a significant nerf to its usefulness on melee units.

Kran

If each turn you can rally 2 different units that would use 2 commands, -1 command per rally mean that you gain 2 commands, else the unit that was rallyed the other turn. A sergeant is very much stronger than a tactician. And my idea would not buff the channeler. As you say, range units often doesnt spend commands in movement, and the sergeant would still be stronger with melee. And you forgot about overlifed hydra, like mourners thing. I agree it would be a nerf, but actually it is much overpowered. You can rally 2 different units + 1 unit rallied in last turn, and if all rallied units have 3 actions, you simply gain 6 commands per turn with the sergeant. Its a lot

Jezebeau

The channeler is quite obviously the exception to the "ranged units don't move very often" theme.  I particularly dislike the idea because the sergeant is one of the few units that could make the warrior worth 200 points.

Kran

it can make it worth, but it is overpowered...
sergeant should be revised and warrior + power instead of letting things like they are.

JoeMaster

i really dislike the fact that it only works on melee units.  I don't see how a  sergeant + bounty hunter shouldn't work when a sergeant + warrior does!  It's not fair   :(

Norsker

Quote from: JoeMaster on August 12, 2009, 04:25:11 AM
i really dislike the fact that it only works on melee units.  I don't see how a  sergeant + bounty hunter shouldn't work when a sergeant + warrior does!  It's not fair   :(

Ultimately, it's harder to set up the 'chain kill' on a warrior than it is on a bounty hunter.