stunned units still using global effects - CONFIRMED

Started by Kran, September 16, 2009, 01:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kran

During all my gameplay i thought that skills would never work when dodge, but spells would. But that didn't happened when i purged my own's healer to get one extra heal attacked enemy. I'm not sure whats the game rule. Someone allready tested it?

Chronic Logic - Josiah

I don't understand what is going wrong, can you post more details?

Kran

Any skill will not work while stunned, for example, the dodge. Dodge will not happen when unit is stunned. But spells still work while stunned, for example, the aegis. Aegis still happen when angel is stunned.
But i found an exception, the healer special hability of healing first damaged ally. It doesnt trigger when the healer is stunned, but it should be, becouse spells should still work while dodged.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

I think this is working as intended because the angel grants the Aegis at the start of the turn to each unit and it remains for the turn even if the angel is stunned later in the turn because it is an effect on each unit at that point, not related to the angel, while the healer must act to heal a unit, which is can't do while stunned.

Lunaraia

the Aegis is refreshed at the start of the oponents turn so stun will have worn off when it activates, in other wrods:

Archangel is stunned, turn passes with Archangel stunned, turn ends Archangel are unstunned, Aegis refreshes itself and it's the next players move
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Kran

Arg! The Healers effect of healing first damaged ally is not an action! Allright, aegis doesnt matter, as it is unstunned before it triggers, but see other spells, for example, the heretic. The Reckoning still trigger when stunned, becouse it is a spell. It works as intended, the healer doesnt. Same about mourner. Its lament still work when he is stunned. The possessed still passes the possession when she is stunned. Shaman still cancel movements when he is stunned. Skinwalker still tranform to the last unit killen when he is stunned.
Enemy still ressurect in your side when you have a stunned dracolich. Allies still return to the castle and have their damages reduced by one when you have a stunned feathered serpent. Maybe i allready game enought examples... Spells that are not actions MUST work when stunned. The healer thing is a bug

Chronic Logic - Josiah

All those examples will be fixed.  Units should not be able to use spells while stunned.

Kran

Please dont change that... it works well. Think about it: If i stun a possessed, i will be able to kill her without getting my unit possessed? That makes no sence. At least make a pool and let the users vote about it.

Lunaraia

After how i understood it skills should not work while stunned while spells sould, so if bounty hunter get's tunned he houldn't be able to maintain his mark (like he is now) seeing as a stunned shiledmaiden are unable to keep her portection active (lost a match due to that)
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Kran

lunaraia, the Skill part of the Bounty hunter is the part where he sets the target. The resistance to the marked enemy is not considered a skill, so, it works as intended. Same if someone mechanize the target, the resistance continues.