News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Inorganics

Started by Rudolf, October 14, 2009, 12:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolf

I took a look at units that fare less well against inorganics. The following is the list. They range from those that only have minor handicaps against inorganics like the druid (cannot stun) to those that becomes completely ineffective like the priest. The total is 33 units, of which about 10 is rendered virtually completely useless by inorganics. The latter group also includes some very expensive units.

It seems to me that the list is too long. The game need to either:

1) reduce the list;
2) introduce some cheap units that are more effective against inorganics than organics;
3) modify the spells of the artificer;
4) some combination of the three above

Obviously there are many ways to implement this even if one agrees with my point of view. So I'll throw in some ideas to start the discussion rolling:

New Artificer: Remove spell to change units into inorganics. Limit range of healing inorganics to 3. Limit range of armor +1 for inorganics to 2. Add new spells:
a) Summon Flying Bomber (inorganic, flight, Life 2, 1 action. Explodes on death with damage 4. Skill: kill self)
b) Summon Tinman (inorganic, Life 4, power 3, 3 actions. attack adjacent, 1 action)
c) Summon Guardian (inorganic, Life 4, power 5, 2 actions. vigiliant. attack adjacent, 1 action)
[So it's mainly an inorganic unit generator and so fit its name better]

New unit Cyborg Master (350 pts):
inorganic, Life 5, Armor 2, power 5, 3 actions. Move and attack 3 sq away (same as footman) 1 action. spell: change unit into inorganic, range 1, 3 actions. spell: one inorganic unit gets +1 power for one turn, range 4

I am not very experienced in zatikon and would like to hear the views of more experienced players.

The List:
priest
syco
confessor
heretic
martyr
mourner
possessed
cavalry
chieftain
druid
geo
shaman
assassin
bounty hunter
rogue
scout
changeling
mimic
skinwalker
axeman
footman
warrior
dracolich
wyvern
All mages except warlock, artificer, and alchemist

Lunaraia

next time we both are on ask me -^_^- I kinda run the Zatikon  School for Newbies, just ask and i'll answer to the best of my ability
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Norsker

I agree that the artificer's 'make permanently inorganic' probably needs to go.  Maybe a temporary inorganic status? Personally, I think the artificer should be downgraded to 250 points, have a 'make temporarily inorganic' ability, the ability to add armor to inorganics, and the ability to heal one inorganic at a time.

I don't think units that are inorganic by default pose a serious balance issue, if any. 

Kran

I would prefer it summoning innorgs than making normal units innorganic.

Rudolf

Thanks for the feedbacks.

Quote from: Lunaraia on October 14, 2009, 08:40:26 PM
next time we both are on ask me -^_^- I kinda run the Zatikon  School for Newbies, just ask and i'll answer to the best of my ability

Have no fear. I shall hunt you down  ;D

Quote from: Norsker on October 14, 2009, 10:47:34 PM
I agree that the artificer's 'make permanently inorganic' probably needs to go.  Maybe a temporary inorganic status? Personally, I think the artificer should be downgraded to 250 points, have a 'make temporarily inorganic' ability, the ability to add armor to inorganics, and the ability to heal one inorganic at a time.

I don't think units that are inorganic by default pose a serious balance issue, if any. 

I agree that default inorganic (siege) units do not pose a balance issue on their own.

I am not sure if reducing the cost of an artificer is desirable from the constructed point of view. I quite like the simplicity of having all mages 350pts. It forces players to make hard choices as to how they want to shape their army. Reducing the cost, even seemingly compensated by reduced function, might lead to unexpected overpowered combinations.

Quote from: Kran on October 20, 2009, 03:59:40 PM

I am glad that you agree with me. At the minimum such would fit the term "artificer" better. Someone that changes normal units to inorganics would fit my understanding of a cyborg, not an artificer.  :)

Lunaraia

um... acually in a fantasy theme like this they'f become Half-Golems not Cyborgs
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Fiffers

I don't agree with this. I think a lot of those units on that list that need something to balance them and inorganic helps that. Others on that list are affected only slightly, while others may need to be tweaked to include there skill on inorganic (like wyvern or axemen).

Kran

I`m not sure if i really agree with you. The name is not the problem of the artificer. Changing units into  innorganit mess up the entire strategy of the game. I havent checked your artificer summons, but i think it would make it perfect. But then please do not make another unit to make units into innorganic. Thats really boring. My armyes usually arent very affected, but anyway.

ps192

I would prefer it summoning innorgs than making normal units innorganic. But that's just my preference.

I'm in agreement about summoning the inorganics vs. making normal units inorganic.  What are your thoughs?