News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Mimic as Possessed bug - CLOSED

Started by Lunaraia, January 10, 2010, 03:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaraia

if mimic mimics a possessed then possesses a scout and the scout attacks it  returns as a mimic not a scout
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Chronic Logic - Josiah

This is probably working as it should, more of a design question then anything else.  What should it return to the castle as?  If you banish a mimic which as turned into another unit, it returns to the castle as a mimic, same thing is happening here.

Lunaraia

allow me to explain a little better:

The mimic mimiced my possessed, then the Mimic turned possessed killed itself with my scout as target, causing the Scout to swap control while the mimic is pretty much good and dead, then the now converted and possessed scout attacked and returned to castle however the possessed scout returned as the dead mimic and not the scout it was possessing

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Yes this is working as intended right now.  As I said it's a design question, what should the scout return as? 

Lunaraia

well seeing as the piece were originally a scout it hould return as a scout since a scout possessed by a nromal scout returns as a scout, as it is right now you gain a 150 unit for a 50 unit effectivly breaking the 100 pointlimit

Kran

The possessed is just an effect. The unit is still a scout. Should return as a scout, free of possession, to the owner. ( The one who possessed it ). The mimic is dead. It should never return as a mimic. Its for sure a bug, but someone else confirmed it?

Lunaraia

I were playing with Unique he said he would.. i'll bug him till he does

Chronic Logic - Josiah

A possessed scout will return to the castle as a possessed, not a scout, this was changed in the last patch to help balance the possessed.  That is the point of the possessed, it does not die, just transfers bodies.  So the Mimic that is transformed into a possessed is not dieing either.  So when it is returned to the castle it just transforms into it's original state.  Like I said it is working as intended, if you have other ideas for how it "SHOULD" work please post them.