Beta Bugs:

Started by Lunaraia, July 20, 2011, 11:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaraia

So far Found:

1. Duelist immunto dosn't work.

2. Conspirator can target inorgs

3. Conjurer has the following 2 bugs:

3a. Portals don't die, they stick around indefinetly.

3b. try to boom the portal and the game crashes.

4. relics are not resurrected by Feathered Serpent.
Bad guys are no problem when you're an asshole yourself

Lunaraia

more bugs:

Infinite Resynch, sometimes for no reason at all the game starts to resyng until you restart it.

Field Promotion doesn't work, period, you can click the a biltiy and target, but no commands or actions are used.

Wyvern Stinger attack deals damage and ith as a strength score of 4, what the point in the strength score is seeing as it lands on and either bounces or instakill units are beyond me, also since you have to land ONTO the enemy unit make use of the Wyverns attack it's even MORE useless now since you have to line it up with the enemy unit, something a player can easely work around, only saveing grace are the bugged damage from the stinger attack, in short, It's like having an extremly expensive catapult, only that you can only have 1 so you cant even get any coverage, and since it warps to the area it attacks it will rarely survive to move again afterwards. Great in theory, terrible in practical combat.

Hydra: While I like the concept, the Hydra gets stunned upon being killed, this makes it useless since it will be deadlocked without a chanse to fight on after dying just once, due to it's cost you will most of the time not have the units needed to kill off whatever killed it to get it back on it's feet, this happens even if your Hydra are turned inorganic.

Militia: again, great in theory, useless in practical combat. Sure it returns to the castle when killed, if your outnumberred, problem is one hit, and it's dead, ever a RIDER will kill it in one hit, it's simply to weak to be useful since you will ahve to resummon it, and if you ever get more untis then the oponent then theese guys get's even worse since they die permanently.

Lich Transformation: Why, why, WHY make all the summons blow up? that usually makes things WORSE since your suddenly atleast 3 units lower then you were, not only that but since they go bang like a diabolit explosion they tend to take out any friendleis aroudn them too, beaning you usually

Said It before and I'll say it again: Warriors/Riders/3 Action Units that have the Arcane Super Unit template ARE BROKEN!!! seriously those things are army killers, Warrior: attacks every enemy unit within 5. killing 4 or more (very likely), it can now move ONCE and do it all over again. Rrider: move up to castle kill valuable low hp piece due to having edge to edge range with it's action free 5 range movement. 3 Action unit: move 3 blast next turn

AI still makes counter armies based on your armies weaknesses, whis are even mroe annoying now that you can't create a large ammount of summons

T2k5

Another bug on Wyvern:
If you move and devour an unit, units that attack approaching units will not trigger. Moving to an empty square triggers them normally.

Mason:
A wall got destroyed in 2v2 while Mason was on it, the wall broke as normal but the texture stuck around. Me and my teammate could see it, the opponent could not. Not a big deal but haven't seen that happen before the patch.

Sergeant + Confessor/Templar etc (I had a chat with Gabe a long time ago on this one):
Sergeant's Rally can only target melee units, but cannot target units like Templar, which have a melee range attack and a ranged healing spell. It can still target a Confessor, which can turn into a ranged attack unit through a spell. While this is an understandable feature, Sergeant should either be allowed to target real melee units even if they have ranged non-damaging, non-offensive spells (they're still melee units) or disable Rally on a confessor with valid ranged targets (or just disable it even if there are none). When I talked with Gabe, his point of view was that Templar should be a valid target for Rally.

EDIT:
More bugs:

Mason:
Moving a mason on a wall owned by your co-op friend changes its controller according to the controller of the wall.

Warlock and probably other units:
Had a warlock's HP meter disappear, not sure what caused it. Was in co-op, unit still died.

RE-EDIT:

Random:
You can get a Command Relic in random, which is effectively a waste of 100 points since it won't do anything.

Summoner:
Summoner can turn even inorganic demons into archdemon.

Lunaraia

Healing done by more then 3 units at once causes the game to freeze

minime

i just bought random units for about 40k and got zero relics. although, maybe im just unlucky :D

edit: the commander relic in random is a dead unit.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

We have been working on fixing all the bugs and will update the game tonight with all the fixes we have in so far.  Thanks for all the testing.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

QuoteHealing done by more then 3 units at once causes the game to freeze

Can you describe what this means exactly and how you can reproduce it?

Chronic Logic - Josiah

List of fixes in version .982
-Duelist immunity should be working correctly now
-Conspirator cant targeting inorganic
-Conjurer portals should be working correctly now
-Relics can be received through random unit purchase
-The AI cant get Arcane Warrior or Lancers
-Barracks promotion should work now
-Druid summon wolf should work now
-No command relic in random
-Re-sync crash when AI summoned units die should be fixed
-When looking at enemy units mousing wont highlight squares

Still remaining:
-Summoner can turn even inorganic demons into archdemon.
-Someone was playing a single player game (I assume cause no one else was online) but the icon in the player list showed them playing a 2v2
-Moving a mason on a wall owned by your co-op friend changes its controller according to the controller of the wall.
-A wall got destroyed in 2v2 while Mason was on it, the wall broke as normal but the texture stuck around. Me and my teammate could see it, the opponent could not. Not a big deal but haven't seen that happen before the patch.

Non bugs (working as they should):
-Relics do not remain on units if they are banished or returned to castle by feathered serpent
-Wyverns devour does not trigger enemies attack approaching units

Other changes:
-New Icon for murderers

T2k5

Quote from: Chronic Logic - Josiah on July 25, 2011, 07:45:26 PM
QuoteHealing done by more then 3 units at once causes the game to freeze

Can you describe what this means exactly and how you can reproduce it?

What I assume he means is that when multiple healers or mourners trigger at the same time and the healing graphics effects start to fly around, the game may freeze. It has always done so randomly and depending on the computer. For me, it now freezes when 4 or more mourners trigger on multiple targets, around 8-10. The main screen stalls to a complete halt and is usually recoverable by restarting. Pre-patch, it required a lot more to crash, which I find odd.

If this was what he meant, reproducing is just a matter of getting a huge army with lots of mourners and then getting an unit killed. It doesn't do this on all machines but I doubt it's really a performance issue.

Thanks for the quick bugfixes, I'll report more if I find them.  :)

minime

it seems like the invited games are broken.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Working on the invite problem now.

minime

dracolich on both side + a unit with asplode relic.
the owner of the exploding unit will get it back. it seems like it dies twice. maybe once from sacrificing the unit to the bomb(your opponent gets the unit), then, because it is still there, it will get the damage and dies again and you get it back from the opponent. I think this is a strange behavior.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

That is strange behavior, sound like the cause is similar to something I saw when a knight exploded and the dismounted knight was hurt by the explosion.  The order of events for the explosion must not be correct.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

List of fixes in version .984

-Invite games should be fixed
-Strange behavior with explosions should be fixed
-Several other bug fixes

SKTKGunman

Anyone else noticing a GPU crash/reset on launching Zatikon with an ATI video card?  I've got fairly up to date drivers, and a fairly modern card, and have only noticed this since the updates started.