News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

AI?!

Started by Whoop365, August 14, 2011, 02:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whoop365

Ai is rediculously hard now for me to beat at lvl 300 now - if anyone has an ideas to help it would be great - but i havent found a combo that will work to win without doing coop

minime

i wont solve the puzzle for you, but it is possible to beat it. i played 4 games around 800 and won 3 of them (the lost game was very close too). but i found the relics kinda useless.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

The AI difficulty may still get adjusted.  We are still experimenting with it.

T2k5

Relics are very useful if you want to win consistently around LVL760+ when you play alone. In co-op they can also make the game very easy.

I'd like to see the AI changed somewhat so that it would enable other strategies than an all-out rush. As it is now (at high levels), defense is completely useless and winning on turn 4-5 is pretty much the only way to go when you play solo.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Good point, it would be nice to introduce some other possible strategies vs the AI at higher levels.  We will see what can be done.

minime

Quote from: T2k5 on August 16, 2011, 01:16:19 PM
Relics are very useful if you want to win consistently around LVL760+ when you play alone. In co-op they can also make the game very easy.

I'd like to see the AI changed somewhat so that it would enable other strategies than an all-out rush. As it is now (at high levels), defense is completely useless and winning on turn 4-5 is pretty much the only way to go when you play solo.

you are not right. i play a different army and i can beat the AI consistently. (i dont want to say that though, there are many possibilities :)

trantor

Quote from: Chronic Logic - Josiah on August 16, 2011, 05:40:47 PM
Good point, it would be nice to introduce some other possible strategies vs the AI at higher levels.  We will see what can be done.

It is not much fun if AI is very weak...at the same time the game should be winable to hold interest.

My recomendation will be to limit AI spawn (units deployed in one turn) to 1000+AI level.
thus AI should not be able to deploy 5 witches or 5 serpants in one turn.

Also let AI deploy draco/hydra/wyvren etc...

Whoop365

i would agree...but theres is no way to beat an AI that has spawned 4 FS on turn 1 and 3 knights on turn two in single player

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY

there are certain armies that are UNBEATABLE in single player when ai starts spawning 5 new units every turn...idk how to fix it...i can think of certain limitations...like limits to current army cost at level 300 (perhaps 2000 and then add stipulations as so whether i gain more points than 1000 with draco or priest) but the it all gets to compicated....ill think on it some more...

but it would help to know the current calculation for how ai spawns units and cost and relics and how level affects it....not sure if they would be willing to post that though

Whoop365

limits on healers and FS would be a big step....and wouldnt mind seeing a draco or two on a team as long as they didnt hide in the back...

no archangles...an army of more than 1 archangle would be unstoppable too

trantor

A simple logic

AI army size == 1000 + 2* Lvl

hence if you are playing lvl 100, then AI total points spawned is maximum 1200. hence if it spwans 2 archangel then there is only 100 points more left

that will limit the possibility of seeing 9-10 witches :)

trantor

Today AI spawned 8 withces and 2 druid in first 2 turns.....
wonder what army can fight that