News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Better Interface

Started by Fiffers, December 12, 2011, 01:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiffers

If there is an interest in improving this game the interface needs to be improved. I'd like to see players icons and chat at the same time. Please take a look at the "Star Chamber" interface. It's a good example of a user friendly interface. I also would like the option of make the opening screen bigger. If anyone has any other ideas I'm sure Zatikon would like the feedback.

minime

I still think that the most important problem with the interface is that it doesn't give you infos about the units. This make it harder to play than it should be. It is too easy to forget something.
i made this image earlier:

power/life/armor could be viewable like this all the time.
and i'd like a button that could toggle on and off the attack range of all the units of the opponent(i mean possible movement + attack range). this could help not to overlook any range.
here is how it would look like when it is turned on:

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Showing more information on the unit image would be possible, although it would make the game look like a bunch of numbers and would be pretty ugly.  Showing the attack range of units including their movement would be confusing for new players and would take some of the skill out of the game.  Part of the challenge of the game is figuring out what you and your opponents units can do and planning around them.