News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

A new Kind of Record?

Started by Dan M, October 24, 2001, 09:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calis

Boxlets? What version of the program do you use? Sounds funny ;)

Dan M

Im only playing the game through for the first time but i just mangaged to complete level 8 of the complex levels on normal difficulty. I made 4 sucessful passes wth 348 broken links.

Can anyone pass this level with more broken links? I almost did it with 512 broken links!

Any other broken links records?

oldie

Okay, I made some tests on this " boxlets".
Result: it don't work. :o
If you create any kind of steel structure and then you erase all the lines between the dots, they really cost nothing but they are also not visible anymore in test mode and so they don't break. ;)
But if you bilt just two dots with the shortest possible line between them, then you see tree small boxes connected together in test mode and the cost is 250$.

falkon2

... Yeah, they don't seem to work in v19

Maybe it was related to the snap-to-grid bug?

mendel

hmmm... if the dirty record holder used the rest of his budget to build stuff that has no function except to collapse under it's own weight, wouldn't that easily beat it?

Andy24

well anyway. why would anyone want to build bridges that are designed to fall apart

falkon2

You can build an infinite number of those little cute boxlets at no extra costs, making the limit to the number of broken links the limit of your processing power =)

Dan M

Infinite little boxlets for free? I have no idea what your talking about. Please explain. I've only just finished complex mode, am i missing something.

falkon2

No, if you build any type of member, then remove the bar, the white dot at the end of the member still remains, and it costs Ũ. You can have an infinite number of them. Just build them very high up and the'y break from the fall =)

falkon2, out of curiosity I tried making those boxlets the way you described and I can't make it happen. Does that still work for you with the latest version?

Calastigro

Yeah... i tried it too, and if you make it w/symmetry it costs 躔, and if you make it without, it doesnt exist... so either way, i can't reproduce your 'boxlets'.