Features I'd Like To See Added

Started by Fletch, November 11, 2012, 10:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

While Bridge Project is very enjoyable to play, I think in many ways it's a step back from Bridge Construction Set. There is less room for creativity when creating bridges because most of the levels seem to present you with a simple span. Gone are the multilevel, multidirectional, multistage hydraulic bridge levels that made BCS so much fun.

Below is a list of features that I'd like to see implemented in BP. Feel free to add your own:

• High Resolution Editing Grid - This feature was present in Pontifex and BCS, and if implemented in BP it would help differentiate world records through fine tuning.
  • Better Copy/Paste - As it stands right now I don't even bother with copy and paste because it's so clunky. It constantly prevents me from copying a segment simply because I'm out of a given material. The game should let me copy it anyway, and then notify me once I paste that that certain materials couldn't be pasted. I generally encounter this problem when I'm trying to copy a portion of the deck (which I lay out first). If I'm pasting the deck where deck already is, then the it doesn't matter than there's no more decking.
  • Copy/Paste Flip - Again, this was a feature in BCS that was omitted in BP. If I'm copying and pasting, there's a good chance I'd like to flip my copied segment to match the opposing side of the span. I don't understand why this wasn't implemented in BP.
  • Pre-tensioned Suspension Cable - I'd like the suspension cable to rest where it is in the editor. It's incredibly annoying to have a suspension bridge settle, and then end up with accordion decking. The result is a deck that is more prone to failure because cars and buses jump over the crests, and cause extra stress.
  • Draw Bridge Joints - The joints currently only work when directly connected to a hydraulics piece. If the hydraulic piece isn't connected to the split joint, then the deck pieces won't separate. Sometimes I like to lift a whole bridge element (like a proper draw bridge), and not just the central deck piece. Giving us the option to specify the joint, and a pivot point would be really nice.
  • Angled Decking - This was already in BCS and Pontifex. It would allow for much more interesting bridges and levels.
  • Better Implementation of Building Planes - In past games you could join two beams in the center plane. This often allowed you to reduce the cost of a bridge by having one spinal beam for a truss. This isn't possible in BP. Why? Also, you used to be able to build outside of the anchor point planes, now we're limited to building within the anchors.
  • Bridge Snapshots in the World Records - It would be nice if there were snapshots of the top 3 or top 5 winning bridges, so new bridge builders could see, and learn from the better players.
  • Better Consistency in the Simulation - This is especially true for wind challenges. I've manually tested my bridge for wind many times, and had it pass, only to see it fail during the actual simulation over and over agin.
  • God Mode - this used to be a reward for beating Pontifex. It would be fun to have it in BP.
  • Better Multicore Support - My Intel i7 930 only sees use on two cores, and yet performance isn't stellar in BP.

If I think of more I'll try to add them. If some of these features are actually present in the game, and I've just overlooked them, please let me know.

hassiba

Thank you, I just can not agree more!
personally, I stopped playing the game hoping for a patch to fix some of the annoying issues and may be add few of ur requested features

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Thanks for the feedback, those are all good points.  I will let you know if there is a chance of an update to address some of these points.