inconsistant bridge simulation

Started by hassiba, November 05, 2012, 11:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hassiba

Hi

has anyone noticed that the bridge simulation/testing is sometimes inconsistant. I mean, I could get different results everytime I run it. in some weak bridges I get different results of broken beams or no breaks at all.
the results seem to get worse as I speed up the simulation.

The other thing I have noticed is that draw bridges are very picky when I have 2 draw bridges touching in one detachable joint. they do not get alligned after the ship sails away. BCS was much better in that. back to point number one, I could get different allighnement results in different run tests.

anyone?

jpaiva2000

Same here Hassiba.
There are so many bugs in this game. :(
The design of the suspension is not very accurate.
We canĀ“t put the hydraulic anywhere. There is no room for imagination.
The joints that open, do not open or work badly, destroying all bridge. ???
The choice of materials is greatly reduced. No room for imagination again.
I think we need a HUGE patch for this game. I am very disappointed with this version.  :(

Bridge Construction Set is still the best bridge construction game ever.
I like BridgeIT. Just lacks the advanced editor and construction. I recommend buying extra levels.

I did not continue to play because it is so frustrating.  :(
I'll wait for the patch

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Version 1.2 is now available for download.  It fixes some bugs and changes the gameplay a little.  Let me know if it is any better.  Also if you have specific feedback for improvements or bugs please post them.

skunkrider

I am playing 1.2 now, and there is at least one issue that has not been fixed:

open joints.

whenever I try and move a segment indirectly, instead of attaching a piston directly to the open joint, the joint will not open at all,
and the bridge will fail and kill many innocent people.

please, please, please... pleeeaaase? fix this.. or explain why not.

thanks  :)

Chronic Logic - Josiah

I agree that the open joints need more functionality.  They should be functional without needing a piston attached to them.  I will see if this can be updated for the next patch.  Bridge Construction Set is a great game and still provided the most bridge building possibilities and options which is what I always tell people when they ask.  It just does not look as nice as Bridge It or Bridge Project.  Bridge Project does have more materials then BCS, not less:

Wood
Iron
Steel
Cable
Suspension Cable
Hydraulics
Concrete