News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

White screen with grey boxes

Started by grosen123, November 29, 2013, 04:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grosen123

Okay so I am running mac OS X 10.9 maverick and when I launch Gish the screen is white with a few grey boxes. The mouse curser is a white box too. I am able to click the grey boxes and advance the menu without being able to see what I am doing.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

I am looking into this. This happens if Gish cannot find the art files which are inside the Gish.app. Not sure why this would not work in OS X 10.9.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Try renaming Gish.app to gish.app. It is possible that some OSX filesystems are case sensitive which can cause this problem.

hazza_47

I'm having exactly the same problem with both the steam version, and the version bought directly from Chronic Logic.
When I first played the game, it was fine, but when I went to play it again, I had this problem.

I deleted both the steam version, and standalone version (along with support files) and re-installed them, and still had the same problem.

(I'm also running Mavericks)

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Please try downloading the latest version of Gish from chroniclogic.com, this should be fixed in the latest version.

hazza_47

I've just downloaded Gish again like you suggested, and it is now working properly. Thanks very much for you help!  :)

darthnice

I have a Steam copy. How do I download a new version from your site that will fix it for my Mac?

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Quote from: darthnice on February 25, 2014, 05:32:31 AM
I have a Steam copy. How do I download a new version from your site that will fix it for my Mac?

You will have to wait for the Steam version to be updated. You should contact www.crypticsea.com about this, they are in charge of updating it.