News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Normal level map 13 - please help

Started by Zeilon, October 16, 2001, 01:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeilon

Ok, I'm new to the bridge-making business here, but nevertheless I've succeeded in making it to level 13 normal (and level 4 complex) with some sucesss.... and great pleasure ! But this 13th level is beating me :-(
I've not even managed to make a bridge that stands by itself. Got any ideas to make me understand what it's all about ? thanks ;-)
####... I'm dreaming of bridges every night now...

Try building your track in as smooth an arch as possible, that way it supports a lot of its own weight. Make another arch above it and connected to it at as many points as possible (it should be just within reach of the track at the top)
That's the way I did it anyway, but hey, I'm new at this too! There might well be a better way...

Zeilon

Thanks for your help... anyway after a long thought I managed ti build a bridge with 2 towers (left & right) and as many cables as possible, and it passed at medium difficulty with 10 broken links..... not bad but I still thinks there's a better solution http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

cfh7

I was able to do it by building a strong tower on the left side and lots of cables from the tower to the deck.  It worked for me.
Chris Hamilton.

falcompsx

I did mine for ๣,944 on hard. It's a flat deck with a arch going from the bottom left underwater anchor to the right deck anchor. where the arch is above the deck, i suspend the deck with cables, where it's below, I use it with light steel supports to support the left side of the deck. the entire arch is heavy steel.

Zeilon

Well I had already tried the left tower+cables trick, but it fell down when the train got past the middle of the bridge...
Maybe the arch solution is the key, I'll try it out

pingu

I checked my solution and was horrified by the monster I had created. Left part tower and suspension cables, right part supported by beams from below, pushed up by cables from the tower and the right foundation.