News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

cursor movement problems

Started by gwidtmann, March 26, 2002, 03:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you tried changing settings in the config.exe program in the Pontifex folder? Also there are some graphics settings under Options within the game itself.

gwidtmann

I just paid for and installed thew new version.  I don't find the new graphs, it still looks like the old version and the curser movements are erratic and really unusable.
What did I do wrong?

mendel

I run a P233 with a TNT2/M64 on W95, and cursor trouble is only when a bridge is very large, or I move the mouse while holding a key down at the same time.
(Which means I use the "shift" feature very carefully - move the mouse, stop, press shift, click, release shift, then move the mouse again). Tho that's likely a problem with my slow machine not emptying the input queue fast enough.

I am running a 12.40 series detonator; have you downloaded and installed a detonator from nvidia or are you running with W2000 default drivers?

mendel

> What did I do wrong?

Not posting a detailed description of your system (speed, gfx card, operating system).

The graphics of Pontifex registered are no different than those of Pontifex demo, but you should have more levels, a choice of "normal", "complex" and "map" when you "Start game", and an option to "elevel" edit in the edit screen.

gwidtmann

Here are the tech details.
P3,450
TNT2
Windows 2000 with 256 mb
Hope that helps.  Thanks,  Gerhard