News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

No Menu after starting Pontifex

Started by Eric69, October 29, 2001, 10:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric69

I started Pontifex 10.19 on my notebook but the menu is not displayed. The game starts after pressing S but  the next screen is blank. Used several video settings with the Pontifex Hardware Configuration but nothing helped. http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':('>

The notebook is a Sony VAIO PCG-F807K with Windows 2000 Professional SP2 and DirectX 8.0a. The video card is an ATI Rage Mobility M1 (latest driver).

Any advise to solve this is welcome,
thanks
Eric

baggio

I witnessed this same thing tonight. I've posted a response in the ATI Mobility thread.
beaujob: I wouldn't mind doing kung-fu in the shadow of a bridge that I built while death and a clown get it on in the bathtub next door, but that's a long ways off.

nuclear

I have the same problem on a compaq armada e500
It has an ATI Rage Lt Pro
I see the pontifex logo apearing but not the new level, load level or quit
if i press N for new, it changes screen but does not show anything at all, press esc two times and it quits the game
Tried new drivers, tried to play with the brightness
I'm running windows 2000 sp2

kjems

I have the exact same problem on a laptop with a S3 Savage/MX video adapter.

falkon2

Sounds like its not displaying the fonts... I take it the 3D drivers and/or directx are up to date?

sphinx

Same here, 'cept I have a XP system with a 16 MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra

Eric69

The DirectX is version 8.0a (reinstalled it to be sure) and OpenGL is the standard version of Windows 2000.

I have read more video problems on the forum related with ATI video chip sets. Perhaps something is wrong with the ATI drivers. Other DirectX games work fine on the VIAO.

I hope Chronic Logic will solve this ATI problem as soon as possible because a lot of notebooks use ATI chip sets.