Put time limits on building bridges.

Started by pasqualz, October 11, 2001, 03:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasqualz

What if you had an "Expert Pontifex" variation where only a certain amount of time is given to build the bridge? Basically, you'd allow more time as the bridges get more complex.
"Call Mr. Plow That's my name, That name again is Mr. Plow" - Homer (Mr. Plow) Simpson

JohnK

What would happen if you ran out of time? Would the bridge dissappear? This seems like a demo feature more than something people would want. Sorry! ;)

kevintc

OverClok

I'll also add my voice to the "don't add that feature" crowd... I like Pontifex in the sense it's a game I can think through as much as I want without worrying about time limits.

rrheuts

Me neither, I like to think before I build, not rush and try it. Then the game becomes an arcade game , not simulation... But hey, those are my feelings about it, maybe others love the idea http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>
(CPU)Pentium4 1800 (GFX)GeForce4 TI4400 128 MB DDR (Mem)512 MB DDR

pasqualz

I still think it would be cool, you could always make it an option like the diffuculty level, then people could choose to have it or not!
"Call Mr. Plow That's my name, That name again is Mr. Plow" - Homer (Mr. Plow) Simpson

Cruster

Hmmm, not too keen on this idea either.