Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Texture Issue

Started by Darkwolf9, October 18, 2001, 10:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkwolf9

Posted also in the Problem forum:

CL,

I have a request.  I would like to know if you could give us access to more texture files.  Two through Seven isn't enough.  I am playing around with them, and found 2 - 11 (ten or so) would help me greatly.  Let me know if this isn't possible, etc.  

Thanks,

DarkWolfNine

Duckling

actually.. having the number of textures much higher would allow for much more detailed levels. (I know it'd add nothing to the gameplay but it's just nice to see!)

If I wanted to create a house which consisted of a single block raised higher that all around it (it would have a flat roof and sloped walls but I never said it wes a well built house!) then I would require 9 textures for that alone. One for each block surrounding it. (brick texture with windows or doors in the right orientation.) and one for the roof..

OK, so this is a kinda silly example, but you can apply it to other cases, such as having the track on a raised section which you could texture to look like a bridge with archways.. or if you wanted the textures under the water to be mud instead of grass, you could have one texture for each side of the river whihc "fades" from grass to mud in the right direction..

If you want to had detailed texture design then you're gonna run out of files REAL quick...

To be honest I've not tried referencing textures out of the range specified in the manual so maybe it's possible (in which case this is a rather pointless post, but hey! at least it's on topic! ;) ) But is there any reason why you couldn't have any number of texture files..

(of course you coud end up with a minute level file and a hideous amount of textures! But you pays your money you takes your choice! http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'> If Pontifex can't find a texture file will it just use the default grass one?)