News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

rewriting of the Mouse Control

Started by achiral, October 13, 2001, 11:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

achiral

Although the game is cool and the idea is one of the best in the last couple of years, there is something I cant simply overlook.

Its only playable on the very newest machines. On Computers of the 300 -500 MHz Class its simply unplayable. Not because the complex simulation needs so much time, but the simple Mouse Control ist to slow.

Zyrxil

Do you have a Radeon card? I think I've seen complaints of frame rate issues on Radeons.

BrandonP

It's fine on my 533 mHZ Celeron...

elrond

Athlon 550, GeForce DDR. runs smoothly but gets kinda slow with very big bridges.
--
Elrond

Remnant

Running on a 500mhz Athlon, it seems fine to me. my only speed-related issue is that when building those massive bridges, it runs a little on the chunky side.

Sure its' not a driver issue?

atlon 700, 1 gb ram, geforce 256
=> just smooooth ...

like that game ;)

(Edited by abra at 9:51 am on Oct. 16, 2001)

Miraculix

Pontifex is very well playable under win98, but hardly playable under win2000 even with a 1.3 GHz Athlon! (Slow mouse, slow trains).

pasqualz

I've had no problem running this game on a PII 300 with 64MB RAM. Maybe the problem is the mouse driver?
"Call Mr. Plow That's my name, That name again is Mr. Plow" - Homer (Mr. Plow) Simpson

tijeff

3d card is a BIG issue !!!!!
i'm running really smottly on a 900 mhz duron in win2000!!! in 1028x768 32bits

Geforce 2 gts make it all !

nalicnod

Athlon T-Bird 800 MHz + 256 mb + GF2 GTS - running smoothly
                                                   + Radeon  -  texture colors not so great - not so fast
K6-2 400 MHz + 196 mb + TNT2   -  unplayable

Frish

hehe, i prob have lowest end proc here, and it runs nice and smooth and fast like here.

pII 450 mhz.  ver playable, ver smooth, ver less than 800mhz.

try getting new drivers for everything in your system . . that might help . . . .

Iffen you are a homeworld fan, check out this here site 'o mine:http://www.trivsflux.8m.com

Klei

My computer runs it fine - 300 Mhz Pentium II, with voodoo3 card, but on really big levels the train moves in fast mode the same as it does in normal mode! :-(

tmberry

Works great here with a Intel PII 400MHz w/128MB and GeForce256 video card.  some of the larger bridge levels slow to a crawl during run of test and train, but it's bareable.

dumbjon

I have an athlon 1.4ghz w/ 256 ram, geforce 2 mx, and windows 2k. Run it 1024x768x32 with 32 bit depth. Perfect as can be. This game froze on me until I downloaded the amd win2k patch from amd's website.

At work a bunch of coworkers have the demo, and they have p3 450's & p3 700's and they run it fine.

JohnK

I'm running a lowly 350 amd k6-2! when the levels get big the train just runs a little slow. I just go make myself a sandwich and come back to the lovely words of "Next Level"! http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>