News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

The coolest thing ever...

Started by Phonyboy, October 23, 2001, 12:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaujob

Certainly, the train shouldn't be able to drive through steel.  This isn't quite as serious as detecting all possible steel collisions, but would prevent people from building things through the road (which just looks silly).
"And once again, the day is saved thanks to the Powerpuff Girls."

Phonyboy

.... would be a complete collision detection, so that falling parts of the structure can crash into other parts, moving and eventually trashing them.

I understand however that this might take an insane amount of calculations and CPU horsepower... but it would take this game to a completely new level.

Actually, I am no longer constructing bridges, I am just building large, delicately balanced structures to watch them crash in those infinitely different ways ..... much more interesting IMO!

pasqualz

Another great idea! ARE YOU LISTENING CL? This feature would absolutely push Pontifex into another level!
"Call Mr. Plow That's my name, That name again is Mr. Plow" - Homer (Mr. Plow) Simpson

nalicnod

I agree  Chillum  
" Posted on 7:53 pm on Oct. 16, 2001    One problem with this is that each individual girder has struts that go *through* each other...ASCII art alert!!

_____
|X|_____|X|  

I don't know how full collision detection would cope with this, but I suspect it'd be messy :-("

....it might have worked in original bridgebuilder thought ?

One problem with this is that each individual girder has struts that go *through* each other...ASCII art alert!!

_____
|X|_____|X|  

I don't know how full collision detection would cope with this, but I suspect it'd be messy :-(

I dunno, I made bridges with beams that crossed in there...not that it helped me much :-(

kreyg

On that topic...

Do broken beams still add to the weight of the bridge?  Even if they don't collide with anything, they should still be joined at one end, although they seem to just disappear.

pasqualz

I believe that broken beams that are swinging freely can affect the rest of the bridge. . .
"Call Mr. Plow That's my name, That name again is Mr. Plow" - Homer (Mr. Plow) Simpson