News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

We need ships !

Started by Lordi, October 17, 2001, 01:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nalicnod

The idea is excellent !
And also raising bridges would fit; you could either build high arch or raising bridge.
Maybe a new level type besides "normal" and "complex" ? Or a sub-level to those, like "normal -expert" and "complex -expert" or something like that ?

Micha

yeah, having to make the bridge so that ships can go under it would be a nice challenge.

or even better, DRAWBRIDGES!
id be great! t'would be an awsome challenge.

How about a monster train? All the arches I've made so far have been just two levels (including the track). I kinda miss those huge multilevel bridges I had to make in BB

Micha

another idea i just had was to have it so that things other than trains would be able to go over the bridge.  maybe multiple simultainius lanes of traffic.  maybe a multy-level brigde that can handle cars, trains, penestriand AND a monorail! there's another idea! a train that follows and unorthodox track like a monorail or a maglev train.  just a bunch of cool ideas.

JohnK

There's a lot to this idea of having objects (ships, trucks,etc.) pass under the bridge. I'm sure one thing bridge designers have to think of is height minimums. My relatives are sailing from chicago to the gulf of mexico right now, and they have to pay attention to bridge heights, as thier mast is 55 feet high. I'm sure the designers of the many bridges along thier route had to think about who would come through their bridge later.
The idea to have them be lift and/or draw bridges is even more interesting to me, but I bet that would be more dificult to impliment than a simple height requirement.

Andy24

there is alredy another string somwhere about traffic but the Idea with multilevel bridges is new

oldie

I agree to Pontifex Terzius. As I mentioned allredy, some mechanical elements would be interesting. As is is in the Bridgebuilder, where we made some very nice moving bridges like the legendary original level 15 (oh my god). For those who  haven't seen it yet, go to the roots of Pontifex (http://bridgebilder-game.com/). I think since Pontifex is out, I haven't been there anymore. Shame on me!