Some ideas from a new user and first time poster

Started by harlaken, December 19, 2001, 04:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harlaken

I'm very new both to pontifex and this forum so bear with me if all of these ideas have been mentioned a thoudsand times.  These are the things I would implement if I were king engineer for a day:

1) A "custom difficulty" setting in addition to the preset ones so that one could make the train as heavy as they would like.  I've personally built bridges that don't even show the lighest bit of stress even at the hard level and it would be nice to see exactly how much I could load on to it.

1a) In a perfect world I'd like to see a different train model or perhaps texture set for each of the different types of trains (light, medium, heavy and maybe custom).

2) Point and all attached units should be moveable once in place to ease the design process.

3) I'd like a creak or groan sound to indicate moderate to high stress levels.  Obviously pontifex monitors (ie calculates) stress levels and sounds when there is a breakage.  I'm suggesting making a sound prior to break point.  It's only for effect and would qualify as "ear candy" but it would be a nice touch I think.

4) I think building material units should have textures applied rather than light values.  However, I do 3d modeling myself and I'm guessing I already know why this isn't done.  If it could be done, textures should be bridge specific so that each one could have it's own characteristic look.

That's all.  Any commentary would be appreciated.

mendel