Author Topic: More Platforms  (Read 2709 times)

IanWard

• View Profile
More Platforms
« on: January 10, 2002, 04:52:02 PM »
I always play Pontifex under Linux..  

Go get Transgaming's latest version of Wine (www.transgaming.com), it runs very well on my system (Athlon 700, GeForce2)

I would have preferred to not have to run windows to install the game, tho..  Please distribute the installed files zipped in future versions, guys. (not a zip of the installer exe)

rura

• View Profile
More Platforms
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2001, 07:18:16 PM »
I love pontifex on my windows machine, but I would love it if you guys ported it (or contacted someone about porting it) to Mac OS X or linux, etc.  Make more people able to enjoy this game (as well as me on more computers)!!!

daleth

• View Profile
More Platforms
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2002, 03:01:02 PM »
I too am running Pontifex under winex.  However, the install worked flawlessly for me.  Are you using a CVS version of winex, or the binary copy?

dushan

• View Profile
More Platforms
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2001, 07:34:03 AM »
I second that - I boot into Windows very rarely these days, Linux version would be most welcome..

Webcow

• View Profile
    • http://www.gamers-net.com
More Platforms
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 06:36:06 PM »
Also, Pontifex for the PalmOS or WinCE would be awesome. You could build bridges while you wait in line at the DMV, in the subway, whenever you want...

':D'

moo.

nalicnod

• View Profile
More Platforms
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2001, 02:13:41 PM »
I agree: Linux version would be really nice, because more and more people are having linux nowdays (I think ;-))

Webcow

• View Profile
    • http://www.gamers-net.com
More Platforms
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2002, 06:39:56 PM »
Hehe... just read a previous post about that... maybe a Pontifex-Lite? No 3D, just the links... and the gravity/stress engine... I'd definitely pay ุ for that.
moo.